Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the oil monitor computer after an oil change? Can't find anything in the manual.

·
Registered
236 Posts
With foot off the brake and clutch, press the ignition key twice to go to "On", the one before start-up.

Press the accelerator fully to the floor three times gently, but within 10 seconds total.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How to reset maintenance monitors

Done through your touch screen if you have one. Go to aps and follow the screens

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've been unable to do anything with the oil change monitor. It continues to say 'flexible'. Is there a way to change it to a fixed mileage?

·
Registered
560 Posts
No, evidently. Looked everywhere back when I first had an oil change. Also, I reset the monitor using the accelerator pedal method.

·
Registered
283 Posts
OK. Let’s hash this out again. If you have the 7” screen can you still reset the oil change reminder by using the throttle pedal method? I noticed to can change the maintenance intervals in the aps menu on my Abarth but does that throw up a wrench at the interval you set or is it going to continue to do so when it **** well pleases? I did my first oil change at about 2.6K miles and saw the wrench at somewhere over 5K. Reset it and now at 7888 miles total changed the oil again. I’d sure like to get on the same page as that wrench.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The wrench came up for me, and I just reset to specific miles until it throws me the wrench again. I'm confident that's when it will come up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With foot off the brake and clutch, press the ignition key twice to go to "On", the one before start-up.

Press the accelerator fully to the floor three times gently, but within 10 seconds total.
Brilliant, thank you! How easy...

The Spider went in for its second service yesterday (to the dealer) and they said they were new to Abarth and didn’t know how to reset it! I wonder what else they didn’t do?

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Brilliant, thank you! How easy...

The Spider went in for its second service yesterday (to the dealer) and they said they were new to Abarth and didn’t know how to reset it! I wonder what else they didn’t do?
Interesting response from your service team, as the process to reset is common to a lot of vehicles. I used to have to do something very much the same with a Ford F150 crew cab I had assigned to me on a project. Maybe you should give them the URL of Ameridan's blog site so they can educate themselves on a lot of things. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts