Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I've been lurking around and posting more frequently I figured I'd introduce myself. I am a recent Texas A&M engineering grad and I work in O&G in Houston. I'm in a rotational program so I'll be spending a year in Oklahoma where I'll live in Tulsa so hopefully I'll get to visit the Eurocompulsion guys. Pretty much my only experience with working on cars has come from some minor performance mods we put on my old 2011 Nissan Juke (I made quite the upgrade when I got my Abarth 124, haha) and being part of the Texas A&M FSAE team while in school. Since the roughly 60-100 hours a week that were spent on the FSAE car, I decided I missed having a car to work on and fell in love with the 124 after the first test drive. I grew up with Ferrari posters on my bedroom wall and there's just something about it, especially with the GWR exhaust, that makes me feel like I'm living that Italian sports car dream. I'm trying to do as much of the work on the car that I can myself, I have access to a shop so I really have no reason not to. I'm very happy there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum to ease my entry into this world, so thanks in advance for all the help!

Jonathan

·
Registered
958 Posts
Since I've been lurking around and posting more frequently I figured I'd introduce myself. I am a recent Texas A&M engineering grad and I work in O&G in Houston. I'm in a rotational program so I'll be spending a year in Oklahoma where I'll live in Tulsa so hopefully I'll get to visit the Eurocompulsion guys. Pretty much my only experience with working on cars has come from some minor performance mods we put on my old 2011 Nissan Juke (I made quite the upgrade when I got my Abarth 124, haha) and being part of the Texas A&M FSAE team while in school. Since the roughly 60-100 hours a week that were spent on the FSAE car, I decided I missed having a car to work on and fell in love with the 124 after the first test drive. I grew up with Ferrari posters on my bedroom wall and there's just something about it, especially with the GWR exhaust, that makes me feel like I'm living that Italian sports car dream. I'm trying to do as much of the work on the car that I can myself, I have access to a shop so I really have no reason not to. I'm very happy there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum to ease my entry into this world, so thanks in advance for all the help!

Jonathan
Jonathan,

Welcome and Gig'em.

I'm class of '69, Seagram's Seven. (not called that anymore do to rampant political correctness.)
(I can't believe we don't have a Gig'em icon on here.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts