Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of driving the very practical and very paid off minivan back and forth to work, I was watching Hammond slide the 124 abarth around the Eboladrome and clearly having a good time. That looked like fun, so the next night I test drove one at the local dealership and confirmed that yes, indeed, this is fun. With the wife's encouragement, I brought home my Abarth 124 Aluminum (manual) the next day.

Other than some glitches with Bluetooth (was getting no audio for one whole commute despite restarting car and phone) and a couple drops of something evil that have seeped into the clearcoat on the trunk, car hasn't disappointed in the past couple months. It continues to bring a smile to my face at least a couple times a day.

Seth

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations! Must definitely stand out in the area that, I think, is dominated by pickups and large SUVs (correct me if I'm wrong lol)

·
Registered
476 Posts
>:)Welcome! As you are from Texas, that must mean you always drive w/ the top down so you can wear your 10 gallon hat? As is the car even wide enough to fit one of those sets of Longhorn horns on the front of it. >:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeehaw!

>:)Welcome! As you are from Texas, that must mean you always drive w/ the top down so you can wear your 10 gallon hat? As is the car even wide enough to fit one of those sets of Longhorn horns on the front of it. >:)
I've found any hat with a brim on sides/back hits against the otherwise awesomely form fitting seat, so will have to forego the 10 gallon. Am looking for a suitable hat before summer hits, perhaps a topic for another thread...

As to the horns, you have to put one set on the back too, to keep the weight balance.

(for the record the only boots I own are of the hiking variety)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forums and congratulations! Must definitely stand out in the area that, I think, is dominated by pickups and large SUVs (correct me if I'm wrong lol)
You're most certainly correct. There are times where my head doesn't clear the truck's dualie wheels. Good thing the spider's quick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts