Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than not knowing the words, I was wondering if anyone else heard this slight hum after shutdown. I can only hear it garaged and not on the streets, I am driving a Classica with tech package and NAV,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for the info. Mine does the same, though i figured it be normal as it was there from day one.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It's actually a growl... It's angry that you are no longer driving it!

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is also the reason why a 480CCA battery is recommended.
This is a very important point for those considering smaller, lighter batteries. Yes the Mazda does, but obviously it doesn't have a turbo cooling pump.
I am using the Braille B2015 AGM battery. 425 CCA. Weighs only 15 lbs. I have been driving the car a lot since I installed it, including a 350 mile road trip. It's working great. No worries.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
733 Posts
I am using the Braille B2015 AGM battery. 425 CCA. Weighs only 15 lbs. I have been driving the car a lot since I installed it, including a 350 mile road trip. It's working great. No worries.
That's good to know, thanks! Of course, that's a pretty high quality battery (i.e not just a smaller parts-store battery) and that will definitely have an effect. I should have been more specific in my concern. Great to know that one is working well for you...now I have something else on m y list! :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
This is no a biggie. My 1986 Turbo 944 had something similar. I noticed it first time I shut this car off, and never thought about it again

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seems like a less potent battery would be more of an issue if one were to drive multiple back to back really short trips?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts