Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I kill the ignition I notice a humming comping form the engine, lasts a minute or two. I notice this especially when I am home and parked in my garage. Is it a new car - breaking in period - thing? I've had my Abarth since early Dec and have about 700 miles on it.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I kill the ignition I notice a humming comping form the engine, lasts a minute or two. I notice this especially when I am home and parked in my garage. Is it a new car - breaking in period - thing? I've had my Abarth since early Dec and have about 700 miles on it.

Anyone else notice this?
Turbo coolant pump. Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes. Turbo Coolent Pump..

Anyone else notice this?
You can sit in your garage with the engine running for two minutes and it would do the same thing. That's what we would do in the old days to cool the turbo. The pump in pumping antifreeze water around the turbo jacket to help speed up cooling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts