Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day friends - FINALLY had to put my 2005 SL600 "red monster" Mercedes down - could not keep her stable - one thing after another, after another - locks, trunk, cruise control, top, heater, coils, tire monitor - was a really gorgeous vehicle yet lesson learned the hard way "no such thing as a cheap German car" - prior vehicle was a 2008 Miata PRHT Red 6MT which I simply loved - didn't like the newer Miata so found the 124 Italian gal - wanted Red 6MT again - kinda hard to find, yet one popped up in Austin after scouring the area so I drove the old Merc girl down there and excitedly picked up the newer Little Red Monster - already have done muffler delete, tinted windows, Amazon SD card, removed front license and third light flasher - and that's just the first week - y'all know when I mean !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
good day friends - FINALLY had to put my 2005 SL600 "red monster" Mercedes down - could not keep her stable - one thing after another, after another - locks, trunk, cruise control, top, heater, coils, tire monitor - was a really gorgeous vehicle yet lesson learned the hard way "no such thing as a cheap German car" - prior vehicle was a 2008 Miata PRHT Red 6MT which I simply loved - didn't like the newer Miata so found the 124 Italian gal - wanted Red 6MT again - kinda hard to find, yet one popped up in Austin after scouring the area so I drove the old Merc girl down there and excitedly picked up the newer Little Red Monster - already have done muffler delete, tinted windows, Amazon SD card, removed front license and third light flasher - and that's just the first week - y'all know when I mean !!!
Looks great! Classic red.

·
Registered
754 Posts
That was my ideal spec originally, but I fell out with the red paint and replaced the Anniversary model with an Italia Blue / tan seats, next best combo in my opinion

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
653 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Lusso
34 Posts
Very nice. I have the same exact one! 2020 I'm assuming? I still wonder how many were produced with this exact combo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations! I too am a proud owner of a 2018 fully optioned (except for the AT) Red/Saddle Lusso. The 6 speed Lusso with Saddle was really hard to find back then too, and I would have taken any color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lovely, like you I ’put down’ an old roadster for a new one and like you, Hypnotique (French word/ Italian car? ‘Ipnotico’ maybe) Red, which I love, photographs never do the shade justice, much nicer in the metal. Mine isn‘t overly well optioned and I would have liked the ‘Visibility Package’ with LEDs (which I have on my daily driver and love). In the UK it remains illegal to fit LEDs aftermarket, though it is a very grey and subjective area, but nonetheless technically illegal and so I may fit HiDs, but more likely just drive it during the day/ dusk hours. Also, in the UK, it seems like there are more Abarth’s, whereas in the States, more Fiats, I wonder why that is. Fingers crossed for a lovely summer!

·
Registered
754 Posts
You're more likely to get away with LEDs rather than HIDs since HIDs still have this initial flash with brightness building up over a second or two, a sure giveaway sign, even if you are able to hide the ballasts out of sight. LEDs would not be easily detectable behind the low/dipped beam projector lens. I don't think there is a projector lens on high/main beam, so LED would be easy to spot (and fail MoT, depending on the tester)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're more likely to get away with LEDs rather than HIDs since HIDs still have this initial flash with brightness building up over a second or two, a sure giveaway sign, even if you are able to hide the ballasts out of sight. LEDs would not be easily detectable behind the low/dipped beam projector lens. I don't think there is a projector lens on high/main beam, so LED would be easy to spot (and fail MoT, depending on the tester)
Neither are technically legal, it is a case of ‘getting away’ with it for both types.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Indeed, but the start-up of HIDs is easy to spot, so LEDs are easier to "get away with"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts