Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was installing my new front shock tower brace and over torqued the bolt that connects it to the mount, causing it to snap right off. Since the bolts appear to be welded on, I've decided to just order a replacement mount. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a part number on it other than "N243". Does anyone have any suggestions, or know the part number for the shock tower bracket on the driver's side?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was installing my new front shock tower brace and over torqued the bolt that connects it to the mount, causing it to snap right off. Since the bolts appear to be welded on, I've decided to just order a replacement mount. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a part number on it other than "N243". Does anyone have any suggestions, or know the part number for the shock tower bracket on the driver's side?
how did that happen exactly? And how did you get it sorted?

·
772 Posts
I have one I can send you. It is the driver side, right? PM me your address and it is yours.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I thought about offering mine too @Brett67 but then I saw...they have been inactive for quite awhile.

aloha mike

Attachments

·
772 Posts
I thought about offering mine too @Brett67 but then I saw...they have been inactive for quite awhile.

aloha mike
Dang, you are right, didn't even notice that part. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
I did the exact same thing, except on the passenger side. I still haven't gotten around to drilling and welding a new bolt on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ugh, I actually gotta get a new cowl mounting bracket, as I snapped one of the studs as I was torquing the bolts. But at least I figured out my torque wrench wasn't working lol.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I did the exact same thing, except on the passenger side. I still haven't gotten around to drilling and welding a new bolt on.
let us know if you need one....

Ugh, I actually gotta get a new cowl mounting bracket, as I snapped one of the studs as I was torquing the bolts. But at least I figured out my torque wrench wasn't working lol.

can you drill a hole and use a bolt? probably not...but just a backyard mech idea...sorry

aloha mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
can you drill a hole and use a bolt? probably not...but just a backyard mech idea...sorry
Eh, at $70 it's not too bad a price to pay for a new one, but I like where your heads at :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one I can send you. It is the driver side, right? PM me your address and it is yours.

I'm wondering what caused this. I am going to be installing the megan bar and am worried about doubling up the brackets and snapping one in the process, because the mazda part that comes with the brackets is unavailable for order in my country, so i may have to take u up on that if i fail 😕

1 - 10 of 10 Posts