Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grigio argento 124 Abarth with manual and luxury trim arrived here in SoCal yesterday by truck from South Carolina, where I had bought it sight unseen. It arrived during one of our rare rainy days, so I haven't had the top down yet. Despite being a used car with 1400 miles on it, it still had the over pressured tires.
Tomorrow I will begin my drive north to Portland, Oregon, where it will be registered and garaged. I'm trying to decide which route will be fast but scenic.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! It's great looking car, hope it brings you miles and miles of smiles.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
150 Posts
My grigio argento 124 Abarth with manual and luxury trim
Congrats and welcome aboard the fun train! Yours is the same color as my Abarth (and I get TONS of compliments on it). I ended up with the auto because of medical issues, but I am REALLY loving this car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, congratulations ....wife and I just left San Diego today to return to Denver ....Denver, brown ....San Diego, green and gorgeous

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can you call your boss and do SLOW and scenic? Had mine shipped from North Carolina to CA, as I was determined to get what I wanted. A road trip to Oregon is on my list...Breighton Bush Hot Springs (and the California Sequoia trees along the way).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes, congratulations ....wife and I just left San Diego today to return to Denver ....Denver, brown ....San Diego, green and gorgeous
Hi SteveWy, Yep it's tough living in Paradise!! But somebody's got to do it!! I volunteered over 35 years ago. Never left!! Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congrats truebill!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
490 Posts
My grigio argento 124 Abarth with manual and luxury trim
Awesome, hope you're enjoying it.

I'm picking mine up this week.

Funny story: I went into Fiat Manhattan just to look and maybe test drive a demo. NOPE, they wisely had me drive the car I liked (with 2 miles on it). I was smitten! Put down the deposit. Then told the wife :eek:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Funny --

Here's one:

I had a beautiful 1985, Silver Alfa Spider Quadrafolio. Grey leather interior, red stitching, red carpeting, nice car, a real head turner. A pain and expensive to keep running. It needed to be tuned anytime the battery got disconnected.

So, one day driving back from a friends house (3 blocks away), the center console (Where the window switches are) started smoking and caught fire. By the time it was estinguished it burned the center console, shift boot, shifter knob and did a good job at smoking all the carpets and the convertible top. The insurance company paid over $12,000 to get the car fixed, over a 3 month period (When BobCor was still in the North East).

The very day I get it back, driving home, at 2 AM I get pulled over by a cop. He tells my brake lights are on all the time. I show him the receipt for all the work, and don't get a ticket.

I got disgusted and fed up with this car. So the next day my girl-friend and I drove the ALFA into Manhattan and brought it to Car-Cash and sold it on the spot. Car had only had 32K miles on it and the owner purchased it for his personal collection.

We took the bus home and had bus drop is of at Toyota Dealership on RT 17 in Hasbrook Hts. Drove out a couple hours later with a Brand New Red Toyota MR-2 (Little Ferrari). It was the exact opposite from the Alfa reliability-wise. An NA Miata later replaced the MR-2. Been a fan of reliable Japanese cars since. At one point later, the need for Italian Style re-emerged, I picked up a 1981 Fiat Spider Turbo. It was a bit more reliable then the Alfa, but allot less expensive to fix and maintain.

I am hoping the new FIAT Spider is the best of both worlds... Japanese quality and reliability and Italian Style and personality.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cool. I dig your enthusiasm.
I'm new to this and am mostly in it for the fun (of driving). I'm sensing it may become an obsession.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Find the most curve filled route you can map out. The most fun you can have legally. Welcome aboard and someone's loss is your gain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts