Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..via the USPS. I thought that it was going to be the caliper covers that I had ordered from MGP, but no. It was a red passenger side mirror cap from Desira Group from the U.K. In December, I had ordered a pair of red mirror caps ...waited well over a month for delivery ...emailed them and was told that they were back ordered and would not be available until either the end of February or March (forget which). So, I asked for a refund and got one through PayPal. I went to my local Xpel/vinyl shop and had the mirrors wrapped in red. So, here I sit with a beautiful red passenger side red mirror cap and wondering how much of a hassle and cost it will be to ship it back. Your thoughts as to what I should do. 0:)

·
Banned
425 Posts
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Someone will buy it.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Stelvio???
Sounds like you got a mirror cover for free. I assume some enterprising soul who wants red mirrors will purchase a left hand one and make you an offer for your right

·
Registered
544 Posts
..via the USPS. I thought that it was going to be the caliper covers that I had ordered from MGP, but no. It was a red passenger side mirror cap from Desira Group from the U.K. In December, I had ordered a pair of red mirror caps ...waited well over a month for delivery ...emailed them and was told that they were back ordered and would not be available until either the end of February or March (forget which). So, I asked for a refund and got one through PayPal. I went to my local Xpel/vinyl shop and had the mirrors wrapped in red. So, here I sit with a beautiful red passenger side red mirror cap and wondering how much of a hassle and cost it will be to ship it back. Your thoughts as to what I should do. 0:)
If you choose to sell them let me know I'll be interested ! :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<<Update>> I emailed Desira and told them about the odd package delivery. Their response mentioned that the caps had been on a lengthy backorder and somehow my name was still in the 'Q'. ...and somehow someone shipped me the right side mirror cap by mistake. I could either ship the part back to them to be later reimbursed for shipping, or to purchase the total pair, minus free shipping. I opted to purchase the pair. Sometime down the line, I will be selling my red wrapped OEM caps at a ridiculously reduced price. Had I not gotten this part in the mail, I would have been happy as can be for the wrapped ones.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Aren't the mirror caps available in the US? It was just the lip and tow eye cover that are not 'available' here?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aren't the mirror caps available in the US? It was just the lip and tow eye cover that are not 'available' here?
They are ...at one time, I thought that they were very overpriced through MoPar, way more then Ebay sellers ....but perhaps prices have retreated.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at the underside of the red mirror cap that I have in my possession. There is a white sticker with a bar code and above the bar code there appears to be a paint code: A 4 A, which is the paint code for my 2010 True Red MX5. Perhaps many know of this red paint code already, but if not, this is the same Miata color used on the lower bar, tow hook cap and mirrors caps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Might help to check with aftermarket companies since by now some might release caps and other easy products in the not too distant future. The other option would be to wrap ;)

Some italian colors would be cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts