Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

I love Italian machinery!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Amante 
#1 ·
Hello all,

In my youth, I owned a '69 124 Spider. I sure had fun with that car and its 90 HP! I've owned a couple of Alfas, and ride a Moto Guzzi Griso. I just sold my old Lexus SC400 (wonderful car, but not a real sports car) and will be getting a new 124 Lusso - IF I can get exactly what I want! I want a Lusso with a manual trans, red with saddle interior, with the Premium package. My local dealer has nothing close! I guess a Lusso with a manual trans is destined to be a rare car? I will special order if necessary. Looking forward to following the progress of FCA and its ability to give me what I want!

#2 ·
That's what I want, too, Amante. Given the approach of winter (maybe not as severe where you are?), I'm willing to be patient. Would sure like to take delivery by April, though.

#3 ·
I got a Lusso/Premium/Manual myself a few weeks ago. Had to buy it from a dealer in Texas and have it shipped to me. They are indeed rare as hens' teeth at the moment.

I took whatever colors I could get. Ended up with bronze/black and couldn't be happier. The bronze is a really nice color, better than I expected.

#5 ·
I shouldn't have any problems getting my manual Lusso with saddle interiour and Safety and Comfort collection in APRIL 2017. Plus 5 year 0 % int on a purchase.

I don't need the car now cause winter is a month or so away, It will be my summer toy.

#6 ·
Actually, since I started this thread, I have come upon a Lusso manual with the Premium package, saddle interior, Grigio Argento (light silver) exterior at a dealer not too far away. That might just suit me. One thing I don't like about the Lusso trim is the silver windsheild frame, and it appears to blend nicely with this color. I think. All the images I can find online of that color look different. I need to see it in person. This car is in transit from the port of entry, and apparently isn't spoken for yet. Maybe I should leap, whaddya think?:confused::rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.