Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if Fiat reads this forum... If they don't, they probably should! This forum could be a wealth of information for Fiat and I hope they are paying attention. Maybe we should start a thread called "Hey FIAT... Read This!" There are issues that are discussed here that Fiat should be aware of and only Fiat can address. One thing that impresses me about owning a 500 is that "Fiat Cares" participates in the 500 forums and actually takes action to resolve issues for people. I think it is fantastic that Fiat does that, and it is part of the reason that the 124 will be the third Fiat in my driveway.

So Fiat... If you are here, say hello!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe we can post on the 500 site to refer them to here ? probably pm . I do not believe Fiat in NA has the same passion as Fiat Europe. It seems most executives come from the Chrysler world which is focused on the old ways. Look how they treated the Abarth brand hiding it behind the Fiat (what a miss!!) ....unless they change and hire Managers and leaders that listen to the drivers (us), Fiat will end up like Chrysler :-(...dull cars that no one will buy or drive.....after all, Ford Cars injected all their NA car models with European influence and design and they are selling great.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Any car manufacturer that isn't viewing social media that is specifically targeted at their product is extremely foolish.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Maybe we can post on the 500 site to refer them to here ? probably pm . I do not believe Fiat in NA has the same passion as Fiat Europe. It seems most executives come from the Chrysler world which is focused on the old ways. Look how they treated the Abarth brand hiding it behind the Fiat (what a miss!!) ....unless they change and hire Managers and leaders that listen to the drivers (us), Fiat will end up like Chrysler :-(...dull cars that no one will buy or drive.....after all, Ford Cars injected all their NA car models with European influence and design and they are selling great.
It took the 2008 GFC for Ford US to wake up to what an asset they had in Ford Europe!!!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Reactions: reece146

·
Registered
33 Posts
They do actively monitor the 500 forums; the nickname is FiatCares and I have just messaged them an invitation to this forum...

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
They're watching, but keep in mind that a forum is not an objective sampling of the population of owners.
I'm not sure about that. It's probably a very good sample of users that are going to take the time to put their opinions into words. And any "failings" are going to be exposed and discussed "ad nauseum" here LOL.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm not sure about that. It's probably a very good sample of users that are going to take the time to put their opinions into words. And any "failings" are going to be exposed and discussed "ad nauseum" here LOL.
Active forum posters vs vehicle sales says to me that this group is the vocal minority...

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sometimes it better to be careful what you wish for, by encouraging Fiat USA to monitor the site. Might want to watch what you post, if you've made some serious engine modifications. If later you have a mechanical failure, they may be able to use the information here to deny any warranty claims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sometimes it better to be careful what you wish for, by encouraging Fiat USA to monitor the site. Might want to watch what you post, if you've made some serious engine modifications. If later you have a mechanical failure, they may be able to use the information here to deny any warranty claims.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Sure. Good point.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
676 Posts
Active forum posters vs vehicle sales says to me that this group is the vocal minority...
The influencers are often the minority in any market, but top down marketing can be very powerful. This group might be small but it is a group that other people ask what we think, would we buy it again and so on. Smart buyers will often just troll forums while doing car research. I have been part of startups that used top down marketing to launch very successful businesses.

So yeah, might want to be careful what you wish for, but Fiat should be paying attention if they want to sell more cars

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They're watching, but keep in mind that a forum is not an objective sampling of the population of owners.
Even If we are a minority, as enthusiasts, I think that Fiat would be interested in our opinions and issues. I would guess that many of us own multiple Fiats, (I do) we are probably their best customers!

And... Unlike a lot of the Automotive Press, we want Fiat to be successful.

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fiat has been active in the 500 forums for a long time and I am not aware of any problems with this. The FiatCares people are actually very helpful, especially with resolving warranty and parts issues.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Absolutely; however, since there are not many 124s on the road yet there is probably a higher % of owners on this forum. Nevertheless, very few owners of any make/model participate "actively" on forums.

In regards to the manufacturers monitoring the Internet it is true since when an owner has a complaint or problem with a vehicle they often consult forums even before they contact their dealer thus forums contain a wealth of information for them. Whether they act or not is an entirely different topic although I know for a fact that forums contributed to future updates on Vipers and Corvettes.

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
I am uncertain that they realize the value of this forum yet. They need to widen their scope to include us with the 500 crowd. Mazda found significant value from their involvement with Miata owners. For the most part, you guys, and the aftermarket parts and performance people are a terrific resource.
Best regards
Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts