Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the dealer I purchased my car from drilled the front bumper for their license plate ad. :/ Does anyone have any options or ideas for a front plate, Euro or American style? I've been trying to find an Euro style Abarth plate that would do the front justice, but to no avail.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bumperplugs.com sells plugs which color match your paint, I believe. I used their plugs on the drilled bumper of a black BMW I once owned. After awhile I didn't even notice them. Dang, I would have been furious, jks9256.

Another idea is to buy a matte black plate and apply a self-stick emblem to the center of it, like a red Abarth scorpion for example. I'd be careful that the emblem not look too much like the Abarth badge above it, as that would be too redundant.

Lastly, check eBay and 500Madness for custom plates.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look at the website for sure. The plate was already installed beforehand unfortunately.

·
Banned
425 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mine was drilled just like yours, jks ....so, I guess I will just run it like yours. Here in Colorado, we need a front plate, although they are lenient most times. It is the dang parking meter folks that kept getting me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the cravenspeed setup, and will post up pic's once in place. I like how it looks on their website.

Reactions: bffmike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Got the cravenspeed plate holder. Really pleased with how it looks and glad I didn't need to drill any holes.

And my hat is off to their customer service. I purchased it through Amazon and was shipped the holder for a different car. Sent an email to Cravenspeed on the weekend about it and received an immediate response. They sent the correct holder directly to me with a box and label to return the other. Cannot ask for better response and handling to keep a customer happy. First class act.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
One of the very few things I like about New Mexico license plates is you don't have to put one on the front.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I'm in winter storage, but I am leaning toward a rubber holder like dealers use with toggle bolts into the grill for mounting. Definitely not drilling holes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts