Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing to check is the 10 amp fuse in the engine compartment for the tail lights (slot 29 I think it was). Don't ask me how I know....
If that fuse is blown and the tail lights are not working, apparently the starter switch is disabled.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice. Give me a simple keyed ignition circuit every time. Good design intentions don't always make for a smart finished product.

Steve.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'll ask, what caused the fuse to blow?

Steve.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll ask, what caused the fuse to blow?
New volt meter being set in the wrong setting. Every time I'd try to check the voltage it was blowing the fuse.
Was testing the circuit voltage to confirm 12v prior to installing a third brake light flasher.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
An interesting accidental discovery, thanks for sharing it.

Steve.

·
Registered
72 Posts
New volt meter being set in the wrong setting. Every time I'd try to check the voltage it was blowing the fuse.
Was testing the circuit voltage to confirm 12v prior to installing a third brake light flasher.
Thanks for sharing that. How did the third brake light install go?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing that. How did the third brake light install go?
Once I figured out the correct setting on the volt meter and replaced the fuse it was no problem installing.
I like the unit (it's what I was using on my motorcycle). The only thing I wish it had was a switch on it to make it so that it was a straight through with no flash in case I run into one of "those" type officers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That looks really good! Where I live, we mostly have "those" type of officers - so probably will not do it. So, I will have to live through the adventures of others :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts