Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had about a month with my Tork Tune. So far, it’s been all smiles with no issues. I’ve experienced a minor drop in fuel economy of about 2MPG. I attribute that to my new fun inspired driving style and not the tune. I can still baby it to get 30+ MPG. My car feels substantially faster and pulls strong through redline. I’ll say the Tork Tune met all my expectations. That said, there was still an annoying dead spot in the throttle when punching it from a stop. Again, I figured this was a deficiency with the electronic throttle and not the tune. So, this weekend I added a Pedalbooster from Auto Ricambi – and wow, what a difference! This mod is a perfect companion to my tune. It erased the dead spot and gets me into the tune and boost quickly. Needless to say, I expect a further drop in MPG. If you’re not already running some type of throttle programmer, you should! After owning this car for a year and a half, I’m still looking for any excuse to take it out. Regards, Brian.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats! I’ve noticed that my mileage with the tune is really good, ‘Cept I can’t keep my foot outta it😏. Really makes the little Spider fly.

·
738 Posts
Glad you are happy with the tune. I still love mine. The milage can indeed drop.

I had a personal best of 42 mpg on my way to the FreakOut last month. I did the speed limit on the interstate for about 2 hours of the trip and it surprised me. I wonder if my splitter is helping mpg, I never got that much before.

I also have the Pedalbooster and love it. That is one mod I would really miss.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I was a naysayer about the throttle boosters until @Chainringtattoo donated me one. Boy was I ever wrong about them. :D

For reasons I won't go in to, I had to turn it off for a while on a drive on Sunday. The car felt horrible without it. It really is one of those things that once you try, there's no going back.

Glad you are enjoying the tune.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a question... if you do a piggyback option and pedalbooster, when you take your vehicle in for Fiat service - do you have to remove it every time???

·
738 Posts
Most good dealers will not have a problem with it but if you want to be safe, it is best to remove it prior to any big service. There is a by-pass plug on the Chipbox but the unit will still be in the car.

Once removed, these products do not leave any traces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts