Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give your FIAT 124 a stiffer more planted feeling with Chassis Braces from Cusco!

By installing any one or all of these braces you will stiffen the chassis and improve the handling of your 124. Giving it a more planted race car like feeling without adding a ton of weight.

Whether this is your daily driver, canyon runner, or dedicated track car these are the braces for you!

More information can be found on our website.

Rear Chassis Power Brace
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-12...der-chassis-power-brace-by-cusco-rear-pid4355

Center Chassis Power Brace
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-12...r-chassis-power-brace-by-cusco-center-pid4354

Front Chassis Power Brace
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-12...er-chassis-power-brace-by-cusco-front-pid4495

Rear Strut Brace Bar
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-12...pider-rear-strut-bar-by-cusco-type-os-pid4352

Front Strut Brace Bar
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-12...t-124-spider-front-strut-bar-by-cusco-pid4330

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonder what difference it would make to replace the factory center x brace ? it’s been on my mind
These braces are stronger and stiffer than the factory brace. Creating a more planted, connected feeling. It also helps to cut down the body roll during a hard cornering maneuver.

Well time to find out! And bonus, easier access to your coilovers. I will await your report.
I think Spoolin is referring to the center brace under the car, not the strut bar. Assuming that is true it won't have any effect on accessing the coilovers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wonder what difference it would make to replace the factory center x brace ? it’s been on my mind
These braces are stronger and stiffer than the factory brace. Creating a more planted, connected feeling. It also helps to cut down the body roll during a hard cornering maneuver.

Well time to find out! And bonus, easier access to your coilovers. I will await your report.
I think Spoolin is referring to the center brace under the car, not the strut bar. Assuming that is true it won't have any effect on accessing the coilovers.

Yes the underbody brace ? I have the custco strut bar so have easy Accesss to adjustments now . Did not want to drill anything and makes adjusting super easy without having to remove the factory bar. Come to think of it now I can put that factory strut bar in my classica. Super interested in this brace. Now to budget for it ?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
GWR also has a complete set of under body braces by RoadsterSport. I think either of these would be a real plus for a track car. It should aid in keeping all four wheels planted on the ground in hard corners.

Dan

·
Registered
761 Posts
GWR also has a complete set of under body braces by RoadsterSport. I think either of these would be a real plus for a track car. It should aid in keeping all four wheels planted on the ground in hard corners.

Dan
It's my understanding that you can go too stiff with sway bars or springs, but never with chassis bracing. More rigidity is always better!

For backroads I think the Goodwin is a great product as the amount of flex I get over certain areas of uneven road at high speeds is scary but I only experience that in the twisties, for the track I think it might be too much weight and I don’t ever experience what I do in the twisties . I actually emailed them asking to just sell me the center and it wasn’t an option so seeing madness has it is awesome . Tighten it up a bit without adding too much weight for the win.

·
Administrator
2,057 Posts
For backroads I think the Goodwin is a great product as the amount of flex I get over certain areas of uneven road at high speeds is scary but I only experience that in the twisties, for the track I think it might be too much weight and I don’t ever experience what I do in the twisties . I actually emailed them asking to just sell me the center and it wasn’t an option so seeing madness has it is awesome . Tighten it up a bit without adding too much weight for the win.
With either of these kits, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with weight. It's not like you're adding 200 pounds here. I'd wager the complete set from any manufacturer adds no more than 20 pounds. Well worth it for the chassis rigidity it offers.

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With either of these kits, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with weight. It's not like you're adding 200 pounds here. I'd wager the complete set from any manufacturer adds no more than 20 pounds. Well worth it for the chassis rigidity it offers.
All of the Cusco pieces that we carry are designed with weight in mind. They are built using hollow tubes to stiffen the chassis without sacrificing weight to do it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I just do the front tower brace and stiffen the front, does that induce more understeer or oversteer?

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I just do the front tower brace and stiffen the front, does that induce more understeer or oversteer?
There are a lot of variables in that equation but typically a stiffer front end will induce more understeer at speed and a stiffer rear induces more oversteer. That does not mean this will happen in your vehicle. It could but the rest of your suspension and tire setup will play into that as well.

Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Administrator
2,057 Posts
For what it's worth, FIAT softened the rear sway bar and added a front strut tower brace on the 124 Spider Abarth, so if I were to add bracing on a Lusso or Classica, I'd be inclined to upgrade both front and rear to maintain balance.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For what it's worth, FIAT softened the rear sway bar and added a front strut tower brace on the 124 Spider Abarth, so if I were to add bracing on a Lusso or Classica, I'd be inclined to upgrade both front and rear to maintain balance.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Yes,
You could also start with the underbody braces and cut down the body roll without changing the F/R characteristics.

There are lots of options when it comes to body bracing. Your particular driving style and where you drive is one of the primary factors when choosing how to stiffen the chassis.

We'd be more than happy to help you choose the right brace(s) for you and your style. Just give us a call, email, or PM.

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Vendor
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FIAT 124 Spider Chassis Power Brace by Cusco - Rear
Improve the handling of your FIAT 124 with this Rear Chassis Power Brace.

This brace kit connects the rear of the chassis to the rear suspension member in order to increase traction for the rear. These Bars are designed to “smooth” out the traction of the 124 which reduce some of the twist in the rear of the vehicle.

If you would like more information on this Rear Chassis Brace by Cusco for your FIAT 124 Spider please visit the link below:
FIAT 124 Spider Chassis Power Brace by Cusco - Rear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts