Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I recently inherited a 1981 Spider 2000. It is not in the best of condition and in need of a lot of love.. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some idea of what it's worth or how can I get it appraised, etc. I am in south Texas. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Attachments

· Registered
536 Posts
Unless you have a record of the timing belt being changed recently I'd be reluctant to run it much. Although not normally an interference engine, the #2 rod can hit the oil pump drive (I think it was the oil pump). This puts a nick on the rod causing a stress failure later on. The fuel injection system these 2.0 engines start right up if given decent fuel.
I've owned two Lancias with the twin sister engine. Check to see if Bayless racing is still around.

Reactions: TFranklin

· Registered
GONE18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
774 Posts
Check Vick Autosport vickauto.com in Cleburne TX. They're very knowledgeable. There are others on this BBS that deal in vintage Spider cars regularly. Good luck

Reactions: TFranklin
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.