Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introducing the new MADNESS MAXPower ECM!

Available for the FIAT 124 Spider and FIAT 124 Spider Abarth.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM has two versions, one with bluetooth one without bluetooth.

You have the option of choosing between two different maps.

One is for Street use and the other is for Track use.

Please note that the Track Version features the optional camshaft sensor which allows for improved power delivery. This version is more difficult to install due to the location of the stock camshaft sensor.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with Bluetooth has the ability to change to four different modes: Eco, Sport, Sport+, and off.

- ECO Mode: Slightly higher torque in the lower speed range allowing your vehicle to achieve improved fuel economy.

- Sport Mode: The power of your vehicle is further raised giving a noticeable increase in overall performance.

- Sport Plus Mode: Power is increased to the maximum safe limit giving a big power and torque increase for use on track days or special events where the highest output from the engine is required.

- On / Off: Enable or disable the MAXPower ECM. With just one click, your vehicle is in factory mode.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with bluetooth also comes with the "Cold Start Timer" feature, which allows the user to set in a pre-determined delay when the engine is first started delaying the tuning module from giving increased performance until the engine has reached a safe running temperature.

For information on the Non Bluetooth ECM please follow the links below:

Street Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-street-non-bluetooth-pid4041

Track Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-track-non-bluetooth-pid4547

For information on the Bluetooth ECM please follow the links below:

Street Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-street-bluetooth-control-pid4050

Track Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-track-bluetooth-control-pid4378

·
Registered
67 Posts
Introducing the new MADNESS MAXPower ECM!

Available for the FIAT 124 Spider and FIAT 124 Spider Abarth.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM has two versions, one with bluetooth one without bluetooth.

You have the option of choosing between two different maps.

One is for Street use and the other is for Track use.

Please note that the Track Version features the optional camshaft sensor which allows for improved power delivery. This version is more difficult to install due to the location of the stock camshaft sensor.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with Bluetooth has the ability to change to four different modes: Eco, Sport, Sport+, and off.

- ECO Mode: Slightly higher torque in the lower speed range allowing your vehicle to achieve improved fuel economy.

- Sport Mode: The power of your vehicle is further raised giving a noticeable increase in overall performance.

- Sport Plus Mode: Power is increased to the maximum safe limit giving a big power and torque increase for use on track days or special events where the highest output from the engine is required.

- On / Off: Enable or disable the MAXPower ECM. With just one click, your vehicle is in factory mode.

The MADNESS MAXPower ECM with bluetooth also comes with the "Cold Start Timer" feature, which allows the user to set in a pre-determined delay when the engine is first started delaying the tuning module from giving increased performance until the engine has reached a safe running temperature.

For information on the Non Bluetooth ECM please follow the links below:

Street Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-street-non-bluetooth-pid4041

Track Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-track-non-bluetooth-pid4547

For information on the Bluetooth ECM please follow the links below:

Street Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-street-bluetooth-control-pid4050

Track Version:

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/performance-products-cid537/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-track-bluetooth-control-pid4378
I can testify that the Madness ECM performs as advertised. At first, I purchased the module for street use, and later had Madness re-flash it for track use and install the 3-cable harness for the camshaft timing sensor. Even just the street tune was better than expected, but the track tuned module is phenomenal. It not only increases horsepower and torque, but also broadens and extends the power curve. However, I would strongly recommend installing the upgraded diverter valve in lieu the stock plastic valve. I had Madness install the upgraded harness. It is a bear to do on your own. The cam timing sensor is at the rear of the engine between the head and the firewall. The 2 cable harness is no big deal at all. I've haven't had any issues at all driving with the track mode on the street. Just an FYI...I also flashed the automatic trans. It bangs off shifts under acceleration just like a F1.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can testify that the Madness ECM performs as advertised. At first, I purchased the module for street use, and later had Madness re-flash it for track use and install the 3-cable harness for the camshaft timing sensor. Even just the street tune was better than expected, but the track tuned module is phenomenal. It not only increases horsepower and torque, but also broadens and extends the power curve. However, I would strongly recommend installing the upgraded diverter valve in lieu the stock plastic valve. I had Madness install the upgraded harness. It is a bear to do on your own. The cam timing sensor is at the rear of the engine between the head and the firewall. The 2 cable harness is no big deal at all. I've haven't had any issues at all driving with the track mode on the street. Just an FYI...I also flashed the automatic trans. It bangs off shifts under acceleration just like a F1.
Thanks for the feedback and support! We greatly appreciate it and are happy to hear that you are happy with the MAXPower ECM. Did you install the AutoFlash

I'm sorry if I seem like a downer, but I would love to see a few hard numbers of what to expect from this.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply. What kind of numbers are you referring to? Do you mean a dyno sheet?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sorry if I seem like a downer, but I would love to see a few hard numbers of what to expect from this.

Thanks
Of course I can't give you hard numbers, just my own impressions based on over 40 years of experience of owning, building and setting up various cars. My closest comparison would be to a 1987 Ferrari 328 that I owned or a 2008 Cayman "non S". It does pull that well. I also added an intake system to the Abarth. All of the modifications that I did work very well together. The most profound results from any single modification was from the ECM module. It pulls really strong from around 3000 rpm up to about 6000 and slightly drops off to the red line from there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and support! We greatly appreciate it and are happy to hear that you are happy with the MAXPower ECM. Did you install the AutoFlash

Thanks for the reply. What kind of numbers are you referring to? Do you mean a dyno sheet?
I did install the autoflash. If the automatic gives up anything to the rear wheels, it more than makes up for in the torque management and quickness, especially under a load.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
https://www.facebook.com/124byFIAT/posts/170072790289555

Review, Advice, etc.

If you are just joining the page let me catch you up. I have been railing about the market out there for aftermarket parts which are available for our new 124's. More particularly the "go fast" accessories along with their associated claims.

I have urged everyone to avoid being taken by the "placebo" effect - where just because you have spent all that money and put time into the installation, you fool yourself into thinking it has made an improvement in the 124's performance.

One thing you can do is research and get a good 0-60 timer app for your smartphone. Set it up and make a few "benchmark" runs BEFORE installing the part. I recommend 3-5 good solid runs and then average them out (to allow for variations in your shifting). Next, install the new part and make the same 0-60 runs. (Maybe even run as far as a quarter mile if you can.)

To be fair some parts will give you better times in the quarter mile rather than within the 0-60 segment of your acceleration. And that's fine too - if that is the aspect of your car's performance in which you are aiming to improve.

With all of that said, I have reviewed another ECM - previously the RaceChip, this time the MaxPower by Madness Autoworks. I waited for over a week to allow this new piece of equipment to adjust to my car and for the car to adjust to it.

I told Boris Tilim (owner, Madness) that I was going to do an unbiased review of the unit. He assured me that I would be impressed and went on to say that he runs the same exact unit on his own FIAT 124 Spider Abarth.

First of all, the support was night-and-day between the two units, MaxPower versus RaceChip. Madness has created videos and 2 very intuitive PDFs regarding the installation and setup of this ECM. Further, they have incorporated an interface with your 124's cam shaft position sensor (which many of the other units do not have) giving you the impression right away that this little box of voodoo means business.

Another big plus is that the MaxPower ECM allows the driver to interface with the unit via Bluetooth -- changing the mapping on the fly. You can cruise along getting great gas mileage in the "Eco" mode... and the next moment you are beating up on those "red light challengers" at the press of a button (using the included smartphone app to switch into "Sport Plus" mode). Clever!

Performance. The difference the MaxPower ECM made was not at all marginal. I noticed a completely different characteristic to how the 124 accelerated and managed its power output.

But hey, I must take my own advice, right? Was it just a felling? My imagination?

Using an acceleration timer app, and following the steps I have shared above; I found that the car ran an average of a little over half a second quicker (0.71) on its sprint to 60.

Conclusion: The MaxPower ECM by Madness Autoworks gets the recommendation of the 124 page.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Significantly and safely increase the power of your FIAT 124 with the MAXPower Engine Control Module by MADNESS!

Designed to outperform all other modules on the market or your Money Back! No inflated dyno numbers, just proven performance gains that deliver! If a competitor claim sounds too good to be true, it most likely is!

We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, driveability, features and reliability or your money back! Order it, install it and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied return it for a refund. It is that simple! Just call us first if you are not fully satisfied with the unit so we can assist you in the return process directions.

More information and pricing can be found on our website.
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-bluetooth-control-pid4378

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
185 Posts
Get more power out of your FIAT 124 without the worry of pushing it too far with the MADNESS MAXPower ECM!

By piggybacking off the factory ECU we can bump the output of the 1.4L Turbo by roughly 17.5% and it remains completely undetectable by service centers and dealers!

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-engine-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-bluetooth-control-pid4378

Let us know if you have any questions
SO I have been using this module for a year now and it does make a difference. Even more so when paired with a go pedal.
With my Abarth in sports mode I can get the ties to bark shifting into 2nd gear. It make a great base to start with when moding your car in the beginning.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dyno sheet?
Dyno numbers aren't priority one on this product for us. Real-world reliability, driveability, and performance are.

Not trying to downplay the role of dyno testing by any means; as I stated in another thread, I'll 100% agree that dyno figures are the best way to be able to visualize the change in hp/tq output following any sort of modification. And the key word there is visualizing. I know that many users out there will only make a purchasing decision based upon quantitative evidence. We understand that. I personally can be that consumer with certain products - it's not a bad thing. But on a vehicle that doesn't like being on the dyno, it would be very easy to have substantial variation between numbers we advertise and the numbers a client achieves independently. Regardless of how or why it typically ends up as a lose-lose situation.

We're also not in the business of getting into any sort of mudslinging, which can happen surprisingly quick when number comparisons devolve into "who's is bigger than who's". To put it simply, we offer a pretty affordable product that produces a pretty substantial change in power output. It's completely reversible - it can be uninstalled without a trace or reverted to stock for diagnostic purposes in under a minute.

We have a 30-day money back guarantee on both of the items in this package. Think the ECM's just smoke and mirrors? Give it a shot. Our youtube video breaks down the install process, and the Non-Bluetooth version of the ECM installs in about an hour and change with basic tools. Adaptation takes about 80 miles, but I guarantee, you'll know when it's adapted.

Over the years of doing this, I've personally met far more users who are more concerned about real-world performance versus chasing numbers. Numbers are definitely a selling point, but I'm not as concerned with moving twice as many units as I am with simply sharing how much better this car plays around when you add in a couple of plug and play items. Seriously, you should feel what I feel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
diff

Can someone please explain to me what is the difference between the madness gopedel and the Maxpower ecm because im confused... With both of them you can change the mode of the car to sport and sport+ and eco, I was also told to get both to boost the horse power. (2015 Fiat Abarth)

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone please explain to me what is the difference between the madness gopedel and the Maxpower ecm because im confused... With both of them you can change the mode of the car to sport and sport+ and eco, I was also told to get both to boost the horse power. (2015 Fiat Abarth)
The MAXPower and the GOPedal are two very different modifications.

The MAXPower ECM integrates into the engine wiring harness to increase horsepower output by up to 30% and only the Bluetooth version has any modes. Those are modes inside of the MAXPower, not the vehicle.

The GOPedal remaps the throttle pedal input to the ECU but does not add any horsepower.

They both change the way your 124 drives but in very different ways.

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Take your FIAT 124 up to the next level with a new MAXPower ECM from MADNESS!

This single module will increase performance and power output by up to 30%!

The MAXPower ECM piggybacks off the ECU and integrates into the wire harness to poll data from various sensors to achieve this increase in performance. It also has a built-in cold start timer to get your engine up to operating temperature before working its magic.

There is also a full load timer to further protect the engine. After 20 seconds of full load driving the tuning to turned back down to stock and resets after a load change.

More information can be found on our website

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Improve the power and torque from your FIAT 124 with a new MAXPower ECM from MADNESS!

The MAXPower ECM is what we call a piggy-back module. Which means that while it does hook into the wiring harness and pull data from the sensors it does not write any data to the Alfa ECU. Because it does not write the the ECU it will not trigger a flash counter. This makes the MAXPower invisible to dealers and service centers while also providing up to 30% more power!

More information can be found on our website

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have one of these and the Go Pedal on my Abarth. With the car in Sport mode, these two things make the car a joy to drive, very responsive throttle with the Go Pedal set to Sport +1, and the piggyback ECM definitely adds some hp, without sacrificing driveability. Win-win in my book!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have one of these and the Go Pedal on my Abarth. With the car in Sport mode, these two things make the car a joy to drive, very responsive throttle with the Go Pedal set to Sport +1, and the piggyback ECM definitely adds some hp, without sacrificing driveability. Win-win in my book!
I’ve been wondering about these for the Abarth. Is yours a auto or manual trans?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts