Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rizzo, 2018 Lusso automatic, Abarth exhaust, GoPedal Bluetooth, red door bushings
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know a place in the San Francisco bay Area that modifies the infotainment to allow Apple car Play? I am scared of modifying it on my own. Too many things can go wrong.

·
Premium Member
Rizzo, 2018 Lusso automatic, Abarth exhaust, GoPedal Bluetooth, red door bushings
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered/received the car play module this week, music n motion in Dublin is installing next week. Will keep you posted.
Thanks. I found OC Customs in San Jose. Installing Apple Car Play this week. The owner has been very responsive and seems to know 124s.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No success. OC Customs did everything they could - by the book (a.k.a. blogs and patches) - but the change to Apple CarPlay would not work. I was following the process with them, but we hit a snag despite following all the instructions. I was very worried about using the serial method so I decided not to change anything. On the successful side, they did a phenomenal job with window tinting (bright light impacts my ability to see the road) and break caliper paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know it's been a little while since this thread was opened but I figured I'd share my recently completed setup:

BEFORE

AFTER

Successfully completed this upgrade on my 2018 Abarth(Version 56) featuring:
-Apple Carplay
-Retained Abarth/124Spider branding
-Touchscreen while driving(& a few other tweaks)

The process took a little under 4 hours(software+hardware install)

I'm located in SF and would be open to offering this service to anyone running v56.

If interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss details.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's been a little while since this thread was opened but I figured I'd share my recently completed setup:

BEFORE

AFTER

Successfully completed this upgrade on my 2018 Abarth(Version 56) featuring:
-Apple Carplay
-Retained Abarth/124Spider branding
-Touchscreen while driving(& a few other tweaks)

The process took a little under 4 hours(software+hardware install)

I'm located in SF and would be open to offering this service to anyone running v56.

If interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss details.

Cheers!
interested in this but can’t DM as just joined .. can you reach out please ?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Can anyone in the Bay Area install 70.00.100 with a laptop connected to the CMU via the serial input?

My 2020 is too new for the easier upgrade method and the serial method is beyond my capabilities. Happy to pay to get it done.

Neither of the shops mentioned above did the serial input, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts