Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used Ameridian AIO tweaks on my 2017 124 Spider and have had no issues with it. This weekend I decided to jump into adding the AA/CP mod. I have always had the ID7 patch installed since it was released, but for good measure I installed it again before I updated to the Mazda NA_70.00.100A. Installed MazdaToFiatV70AIO. Installed a few tweaks from MZD-AIO-TI to get everything looking like I did with AIO tweaks. No issues until I plugged in and ran Android Auto for the first time. No touchscreen! Didn't realize that was a side affect of doing this mod, so I played with installing AA v1.14b and just can't get it to work quite right as v70 isn't fully supported.
Followed a post (on another forum) that mentioned downgrading to 59.00.502-NA in order to properly support AA v1.14b, so I did that with no issues. Inserted the USB to run MZD-AIO-TI tweaks again and everything installed and rebooted but no tweaks! What in the world just happened? Rebooted a few more times and now it won't autorun the tweaks installer any longer off 2 USB sticks that I have been using just fine all weekend. For fun I upgraded back to NA_70.00.100A (same usb stick formatted) and still not working.
Re-read the post about downgrading and missed where they talked about installing reinstall first and failsafe second which goes again what I just did, and goes against what the manual says. Seems to be conflicting reports on how to downgrade properly, but now I am stuck on version 59.00.502 with a failsafe of 70.00.100A. The system will not recognize that I have cmu150_NA_70.00.100A_reinstall.up on the memory stick and I can't figure that out as well as why I can't run tweaks any longer even though I know I have ID7 installed as it was working just fine yesterday installing AA v1.14b.
Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated. At this point I'd rather have the tweaks than the AA, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Install the Touch screen while moving in mzd-aio-ti 2.86 and see if that works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did try that as one of the options, but it did not work. I ordered the parts to try the serial connection and I guess I'll try that next I guess, but like I said the USB worked fine, even one time after downgrading. Has any one ever had a CMU just stop autorunning the tweaks installer? Also how do I get the failsafe and reinstall to be on the same version?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to get back to 70.00.100A by putting the original USB kit back in. With the new kit I noticed that at the top of the screen it never actually said the USB was connected even though I was able to upgrade/downgrade with the new kit installed.
The sad part is I still can't run any tweaks off the USB with the original kit installed. Is that the normal behavior if ID7 was not installed correctly because of the bad USB port? It shows on the top of the screen that USB is inserted, the light on the USB blinks a few times and then nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have connected the CMU to my PC via serial connection and I don't understand why I am getting this on Putty. Its like the settings are wrong or something is corrupt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure where to go from here. Attempt to input the commands via serial with Putty. I don't think its working. I get this in the log every now and again.

Login timed out after 60 seconds
FGSN: VPGZAF13246545EB
cmu login:

I can see the transmit light flash on the USB serial adapter, but when running the command cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun

I have a light on my USB drive and I would expect to see it light up. I tried both my old USB kit and the new USB kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To follow up on my own post. I bought another CMU from eBay and was able to get everything working on it. I did discover that my car stopped reading the USB stick correctly and that is why I was having issues. I was having issues on the new eBay CMU and that's how I discovered the USB stick being the issue.

I was able to install my original CMU and downgrade it to 59.00.502 and all is well. Now I have a spare CMU for sale all tweaked up with ID7 on firmware 59.00.502-NA N

·
Registered
330 Posts
You are blowing us all away! Pretty impressive.
How difficult is it for a non-expert to get a replacement CMU to work? Does it need to be re-programmed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@GuidoVeloce Physically swapping is easy. Our generation of CMU's are not VIN locked. I bought a Mazda 3 CMU from eBay. Phillips screwdriver to swap the mounting bracket on the bottom and I kept my screen, so it was only 4 screws to replace the screen that also has the dash part attached to it.
The only difference which I found interesting was a setting about rain sensing wipers to turn it on or off was not in the Mazda CMU version 55.XX. I tested the feature and rain sensing still worked, so I really didn't care. It wasn't until I upgraded the firmware to 59.XX then the rain sensing option came back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To follow up on my own post. I bought another CMU from eBay and was able to get everything working on it. I did discover that my car stopped reading the USB stick correctly and that is why I was having issues. I was having issues on the new eBay CMU and that's how I discovered the USB stick being the issue.

I was able to install my original CMU and downgrade it to 59.00.502 and all is well. Now I have a spare CMU for sale all tweaked up with ID7 on firmware 59.00.502-NA N

1 - 12 of 12 Posts