Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks Steve, I watched it today right before I installed a few tweaks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So this is a DOS program which won't work on a MAC? I guess one option is to find an Abarth owner who will lend me their loaded USB? Lot's of nice features in the tweak.

·
Registered
483 Posts
did a few of the tweaks, I love not seeing / waiting for the disclaimer to disappear. it is also nice to se the abarth badge at startup rather than the fiat badge (after all, it is on the steering wheel).......

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ok, things that did not work: Fiat badge changing to 124 Spider, backup disclaimer disappearing, compass does not work and digital speedometer not working up in the right corner. Reinstall again?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saw this a month ago right when I got the car. Been wanting to do this but been putting it off due to excuses. Now I really have to get this done because the video seems explanatory enough. Thank you for making this video because there are absolutely no excuses not to do so. Probably get this done tomorrow after the car gets some new toys and parts installed at Madness in Singal Hill CA.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ok, things that did not work: Fiat badge changing to 124 Spider, backup disclaimer disappearing, compass does not work and digital speedometer not working up in the right corner. Reinstall again?
Reinstall again? Doesn't sound like it installed the first time. I would start from scratch again. You didn't select [2] by any chance, did you?

·
Registered
73 Posts
ut oh, what is [2] ameridan? I have been building and rebuilding trying to decide which options I really want/need.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If something is not working quite right, read over and start again, took me a few tries the first time. Even screwed up details when making the video. But his site really does tell you everything and then some to get it right.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Suddenly after a few start ups, things started working ...compass, digital speedo in upper corner ...Fiat emblem did not yet change, nor did the disclaimer disappear, so I will try the reseal again. Thank you, ameridan and Steve for you instructions.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I can see how it can be confusing.

I initially had issue with the laptop I was using...and even tried to unzip the file within the same folder...it didn't like that and I ended up dragging all the unzipped files to a new folder. After that, the Choose.cmd worked flawlessly. The only hiccup I had was referring back to Ameridan's blog and looking in order (A-Z) for the "explanation of each tweak". I wish there was ONE page that could be printed that had Ameridan's write-up of each item (A-Z) for quicker reference.

Also, only make one selection at a time and then enter it. Once it highlights in yellow go to the next item to tweak it.

worked first time and I love the tweaks...I downloaded the Tweaks in 5 minutes...tops. I wasn't sure if playing the radio or importing of my cell (bluetooth) at the time of the upgrade would cause an issue. But it DID NOT.

I changed the color from RED to Green. For the most part the green is used on different sections no problem. But there are other areas that still use the RED...I have no problem with that hiccup though.

I like the MPH/Compass and Altitude gauges. I'm amazed just how low I am...below sea level sometimes. lol...but I do live on an island..

Money well spent. Mahalo AmeriDan!!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice and tempting if only for the speedometer because as OP mentions in the video, the speedometer is the most fail part of the 124 IMHO.

It's virtually unreadable at a glance and quite frankly when compared with any GPS app on my phone the speed is off by ~8km/h. To the point that I've been using Waze as a speedo since day one. Got a nice Scosche airvent Magic Mount for that vent that's perfectly placed beneath the infotainment screen.

To consider though, do we really want our speed displayed in large bold characters on an elevated screen where anyone can see it from 50yds out?

And when I say anyone I mean people with hats, badges and booklets with which to write citations on.

It would be hard to tell smokey that we didn't realize how fast we were going what with the speed written in Arial Bold 2048 size font...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice and tempting if only for the speedometer because as OP mentions in the video, the speedometer is the most fail part of the 124 IMHO.

It's virtually unreadable at a glance and quite frankly when compared with any GPS app on my phone the speed is off by ~8km/h. To the point that I've been using Waze as a speedo since day one. Got a nice Scosche airvent Magic Mount for that vent that's perfectly placed beneath the infotainment screen.

To consider though, do we really want our speed displayed in large bold characters on an elevated screen where anyone can see it from 50yds out?

And when I say anyone I mean people with hats, badges and booklets with which to write citations on.

It would be hard to tell smokey that we didn't realize how fast we were going what with the speed written in Arial Bold 2048 size font...
ehhh, the radar gun says how fast your going, and second just hit the home button while pulling over :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts