Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 124 Lusso
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up my 2019 Lusso this morning, and the screen locked onto the "communication" icon. Couldn't get it to change for the duration of my ride (about 10 minutes). Next time I started the car up, everything worked fine. Fluke or update?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My screen "locks" up occasionally, maybe 2 or 3 times a year. This has happened on my Lusso for the past 2 years and also happened on my MX5 NDRF (same system) for the 2 years I owned the car. I would rather live with it than allow Fiat/anyone to rip the the system apart in order to attempt to find the cause. Easy to reboot by pressing and holding the Mute and Nav buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine never locks up anymore, but I'm not running the Speedometer app, nor am I pairing a phone either. The more contacts you have, the more likely memory issues will freeze the system.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I realized that if I have the speedometer on, and want to make a call with my cell phone through the Bluetooth, and I say CALL, it will take me thought the whole options before I can say call.
So If I have to make a call, I will get off the speedometer and press the HOME button.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Is there a thread about the speedometer app?

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
132 Posts
Mine doesn't lock up, it just lags horribly on startup sometimes... have to sit there for several minutes while it grinds and grinds to get it on the screen I want before going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Is there a thread about the speedometer app?
You'll find "a lot" of various threads on here that talk about it. In short, it's never worked properly, regardless of whether you chose the Spider or Miata version of it. I stuck with it for a while because of some of the data it provided, but in the end, I just removed the tweak from my system. IMHO, it created more issues than it was worth. For those with more patience than I, it still functions to a degree. If you visit Ameridan's site and review the "tweaks" section, you'll find lotf of info there about it as well.

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
132 Posts
You'll find "a lot" of various threads on here that talk about it. In short, it's never worked properly, regardless of whether you chose the Spider or Miata version of it. I stuck with it for a while because of some of the data it provided, but in the end, I just removed the tweak from my system. IMHO, it created more issues than it was worth. For those with more patience than I, it still functions to a degree. If you visit Ameridan's site and review the "tweaks" section, you'll find lotf of info there about it as well.
I don't really mind the compass being wrong in the speed app (which it is 9/10ths of the time, I know there's a workaround, but I can't be bothered). However, I have noticed that the update rate isn't quick enough to catch maximum RPM which renders that feature rather useless. I've hit 6500 redline a number of times, yet the speedo app shows something like 5700 or somesuch. It just spends too little time above that in 1st gear for it to register.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I don't really mind the compass being wrong in the speed app (which it is 9/10ths of the time, I know there's a workaround, but I can't be bothered). However, I have noticed that the update rate isn't quick enough to catch maximum RPM which renders that feature rather useless. I've hit 6500 redline a number of times, yet the speedo app shows something like 5700 or somesuch. It just spends too little time above that in 1st gear for it to register.
Agreed. The compass heading being off was only part of the problem. I then removed that version, and installed the Mazda version of the Speedo tweak in pursuit of finding a way to display tire pressure (on the Abarth, which has direct TPMS). The developer of the tweak said he'd gladly incorporate the tire pressure readout in his tweak if I could find the ID that they're tied to. Unfortunately, that was something that proved impossible to locate, and so I removed that version of the speedo tweak from my system as well. For those that find other bits of data it displays useful, kudos to them. I however, like you, found it to be akin to death by a thousand paper cuts. lol

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
This is how I feel whenever I use this Mazda “infotainment”

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Started up my 2019 Lusso this morning, and the screen locked onto the "communication" icon. Couldn't get it to change for the duration of my ride (about 10 minutes). Next time I started the car up, everything worked fine. Fluke or update?

Thanks.
I had the same problem and found out it was the boost gauge they way it was hooked up that caused my problem. Never thought that would happen.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Agreed. The compass heading being off was only part of the problem. I then removed that version, and installed the Mazda version of the Speedo tweak in pursuit of finding a way to display tire pressure (on the Abarth, which has direct TPMS). The developer of the tweak said he'd gladly incorporate the tire pressure readout in his tweak if I could find the ID that they're tied to. Unfortunately, that was something that proved impossible to locate, and so I removed that version of the speedo tweak from my system as well. For those that find other bits of data it displays useful, kudos to them. I however, like you, found it to be akin to death by a thousand paper cuts. lol
I would very much like to see the pressure of individual tires. My Giulia (and our Jeep) has it, so why not my Spider?
I had the same problem and found out it was the boost gauge they way it was hooked up that caused my problem. Never thought that would happen.
scrambled circuits.

Reactions: DAC17
1 - 12 of 12 Posts