Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've wondered if that dead pedal is sold separately, since my 124 came with the other two pieces.

Curious as to the appearance of the mud flaps once you get them installed, and the ease/difficulty of that project. I could certainly use mud flaps now, as we are drowning in rain here in Southern California. Mud is washing into the roads. I knew I wanted a white car.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've wondered if that dead pedal is sold separately, since my 124 came with the other two pieces.

Curious as to the appearance of the mud flaps once you get them installed, and the ease/difficulty of that project. I could certainly use mud flaps now, as we are drowning in rain here in Southern California. Mud is washing into the roads. I knew I wanted a white car.
Yes the dead pedal is sold separately....Mud flap install simple on front...uses existing holes...back requires 3 holes to be drilled on each flap...still a very simple job...unless you have a small drill you will need to remove the rear wheel...

·
Registered
493 Posts
The Mopar site says that the mud flaps will not fit an Abarth...hmmm...is there difference in wheel well dimensions?

Ok, upon inspection of my car vs a lusso or classica, Abarth's do have the rear side marker light/reflector positioned differently, but still it would appear that the mud flaps would work....thoughts??

·
Registered
476 Posts
....Mud flap install simple on front...uses existing holes...back requires 3 holes to be drilled on each flap......
should that read, you need to drill three hole for the flaps? i would like to have them but i do not want to drill any holes in the rear wheel wells and later have to worry about rust.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should that read, you need to drill three hole for the flaps? i would like to have them but i do not want to drill any holes in the rear wheel wells and later have to worry about rust.
You are correct...holes are drilled on the car...but no metal...all plastic so rust will not be an issue...;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
You are correct...holes are drilled on the car...but no metal...all plastic so rust will not be an issue...;)
well that is very important information to know! i think someone else was going to install a set but i never saw a post after their install to say you do not need to drill into any metal. For sure once Sophia comes out of hibernation she will be getting a set knowing this detail. I have a spring bday so i guess i will have to add that to my wish list.

Reactions: PureAdrenaline

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are few pics of the mud gaurds and a few other Mopar accessories...black seat hoops....black mirrors...black windshield bezel...only thing left to put on in the bright pedals and dead pedal....maybe tomorrow...

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks.
Can you please measure the distance between Wheel center and fender? :)
Die MPSS is such a sexy tire ;)

Have you done an alignment after your installation?
In Germany you have to, and many customers have recognized a big improvement in driving performance. Also the suspension settles a little bit more.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.
Can you please measure the distance between Wheel center and fender? :)
Die MPSS is such a sexy tire ;)

Have you done an alignment after your installation?
In Germany you have to, and many customers have recognized a big improvement in driving performance. Also the suspension settles a little bit more.
12.625" fronts and 13.0" rears....I have not done the alignment yet...need to put a few more miles on it yet...going with a little more camber(1.2 to 1.5) and castor(4 to 6) than stock...final numbers not yet decided...still researching...

·
Registered
449 Posts
For example a German dayli driver:
Front:
1,3degree camber
about 7-8deg. caster (because of long straight Autobahn runs)
Rear:
1,5deg. camber

The H&R are lower than the EibachProKit (13" and 13,35")

The alignment out of factory is total crap. -> too large tolerance

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very nice!! thank you for the pics. I'm assuming both mud flap shots are the front - have a closeup of the rear?
1st pic is the front...2nd pic is the rear... just the angle of the pic makes it look the same size...the rears do have more coverage protecting the rear painted area behind the wheel and underneath....;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts