Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Installing an immobilizer - wiring

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  opalescence 
#1 ·
I've decided I want to add a GPS tracker + immobilizer to my car. Does anyone have a location for the wire to the fuel pump, besides the obvious wires under the car - that i would rather not mess with.

My intention is to mount the unit in the inner right fender in the trunk area with the wire for the little trunk light to supply 12v power.

The nice feature in this system is that the vehicle can be remotely tracked and also disabled. This is unique in that if you get carjacked (armed assailant demands your keys at gunpoint) you can let them take your car and then intervene remotely.

#5 ·
Your car already has an immobiliser fitted.

As for the GPS tracker, I have little knowledge. However, if my car were to be stolen I would rather make an insurance claim for my losses.... I wouldn't want the car back.

I recommend spending your money on decent theft insurance rather than a tracking device.
Everyone is going to have their own cost/benefit analyses here about things like this. However, in the case of Carjacking - as in "gimme your keys or I'll shoot you" the Fiat 124 immobilizer does exactly jack-all.

Good news that so far "$25,000 'Game Boy' gadgets used to steal cars by imitating key fob signals" can't work with Fiat 124...

View attachment 89623
Technology is wonderful.

#6 ·
I guess there's a difference between Mexico and Monmouth then?

#9 ·
I use the killswitch on the Bluetooth GoPedal when the car is parked. Gives me some extra peace of mind. I find it unlikely that they will get past it.

Reactions: Arthur
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.