Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Classica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2017 classica spider, and I have always loved the way the Abarth Instrument cluster looks with the red accent for the rpm gauge. I have seen websites where I can buy the Abarth instrument cluster as a standalone, so my questions are:

1) Is it possible to swap out the instrument clusters and still retain all the functionality of the cluster (warning lights, temp gauges, the window for what gear you are in, etc) and will it add the features such as the shift light on the Abarth?

2) The main issue I am concerned with is will there be an issue with the spedo, my spedo can go up to 150 mph, but the Abarth one can go up to 160mph, and will the odometer show the miles from the donated vehicle (39K) or will it still show my current mileage I have on the vehicle, (about 8k)?

I am new to this so please educate me on what is good or how the system works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think for most modern cars the cluster has a computer thats married to the ecu in some way, swapping them requires another computer to do things. I think most people just take it apart and swap the face cards or leds if they want it to look differently

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Easy swap! I did a thread on here.

And yes ask for the 124 ones as there are some differences in bulb warning light location.

I went with the 7k limit of the mx5 to sort of match the 6.8k limit of the tune.

Be prepared for a long wait as through no fault of the company, their mail is shipped via LA....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easy swap! I did a thread on here.

And yes ask for the 124 ones as there are some differences in bulb warning light location.

I went with the 7k limit of the mx5 to sort of match the 6.8k limit of the tune.

Be prepared for a long wait as through no fault of the company, their mail is shipped via LA....
Where is your thread at, I can't find it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
387 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts