Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$210/6 months for the Abarth. $1K deductible, no glass, towing or rental. All other coverage limits are very high. Other cars on the policy are a 2011 Element for $267 & a 2010 Focus for $312. Through Nationwide. Not bad. I'm going to meet a broker this morning to see if I can do better. My homeowners is what kills me. It's gone up 300% in 10 years with no claims.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That's a good price, but I would probably add glass coverage. It's an expensive windshield, and not trivial to replace from what I've seen/heard. On the other hand, dealing with insurance gets ugly really quick. Insurance on the whole is mess of doo-doo.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of adding it on the spider for that reason. Once they saw the cost they'd probably try to deny it. My Element got one last year. $219 at a certified glass shop. Cheaper than the places advertising on TV and they often use un certified glass.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
My ins. for 8 months is $360.. can. with $250. deductible. Covered in Canada and US. Replacement ins.(if scrapped within 5 years) was taken with dealer $2500. the TAG(satellite recuperation if stolen) was free good for 7 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those numbers sound better than what I was quoted...rough estimate (since I did not have a specific VIN to give them) put the 124 as being more costly even than my XK8. What I was told was that the 'rating symbol' on these was higher than even many top-tier imports, likely because of the scarcity of them for either experience or parts. It may be a platform share, but with no body panels, those scrapped ND's cannot be cannibalized if there were surviving body panels...

And this was listing it as a pleasure vehicle with less than 10K miles and with four other vehicles on the policy...and no chargeable incidents in several years with a driver over 50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts