Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 GT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm on the look out for some advice again. I'm thinking of getting a cold air intake system for my 124GT. It's really a choice between the Eurocompulsion V4 and the Momentum GT systems.
Both seem popular and credible choices, but has anyone tried both or looked into both, and decided on one over the other?
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
811 Posts
V4 has no clamp on the PCV hose so oil will leak out over time. I haven’t tried Momentum GT but at least from the photos it does appear to have the proper hose clamps. Both intakes have rather small Venturi tubes compared to stock. For a long term owner that may be a concern because over time you might get buildup in the evap system but so far I haven’t seen any complaints.

Reactions: AdamB

·
Vendor
3,428 Posts
I'm not sure about the size of the other guys venturi, but you want it to be as small as possible while still purging the vapors. That venturi represents a boost leak, boost leaks cause a small loss in power. As intake design is a game of lots of little gains here and there (filter, sizing, bends, etc.) every little bit helps.

We have been using the same venturi sizes in these engines since 2012, my personal 500L had had it since 2014 and has 115,000 miles on it, the evap system still works perfectly.

Greg

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had the V4 before and it would never fit right on the factory cold air scoop and the fittings near the turbo inlet were INCREDIBLY hard to get on for some reason. I have since sold that car and I just ordered the AFE intake a few days ago for my new Abarth. Hopefully that install goes much smoother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts