Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to protect the original seats and dash, and at the same time, get a bit of color for the interior, kinda like the Lusso.

Is there any kid or DIY to do so? I would like to change the accents, side panels and seats color; but in a non-destructive way, so I can always go back to the original color.

I was not in the mood to wait 7 months to get the car in the exact color interior that I wanted...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe you can wrap some things with like those paint wraps and they're leatherworks shops online and I'm not sure which area you're in but you can get some new covers and other things like in the Miata.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure that you can do that for interiors...wrapping the outside is possible because it is metal, but the interior is soft touch plastic, so the cover has to be made to fit.

I am in the Bay Area, I did find some seat cover online for the Miata, was hoping that they had something for the Abarth. Not too worried about the car cover, since I have it indoor all the time, but when I drive outside, the dash and seats take all the UV and heat. Plus black on black is probably cool in the 90s, I would rather have red and black :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I did notice that there are virtually no videos about how to take apart the 124 dashboard. I did look for the MX5 videos, and youtube has only videos up to 2012 model; which is not the same as on the 124 :(

I wish it was as easy as replace the dash panel in the 500

·
Registered
298 Posts
Also I did notice that there are virtually no videos about how to take apart the 124 dashboard. I did look for the MX5 videos, and youtube has only videos up to 2012 model; which is not the same as on the 124 :(

I wish it was as easy as replace the dash panel in the 500
Also here in the Bay Area, twice I've gotten in the car in the past two weeks and the temp was 102F. I bought a windshield protector from Madness, but I'm seriously thinking about tinting the rear window (since we can't do the side windows here in Cali).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep the car inside, so no problem from the outside heat as now. Although I see how driving around is still affecting the car.

Does the Miata seat cover, fit well on the 124? I hate dash covers so I won't go that far (the ones they sell now are basically mats that goes on top of the dash: I can make one by myself if I wanted something so ugly to look at).

Steering wheel covers are easy to find, at least that is taken care of

1 - 6 of 6 Posts