Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first time poster! I recently bought a 2018 Lusso with around 2000 miles. Everything is practically new and works great, except for the interior light. i tried the door and on switch, checked the fuses, and nothing. I took the plastic cover off and the bulb looks brand new. Any ideas as to what it could be?

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
If you've confirmed the switch that controls it is in the right position, I'd lean towards a faulty bulb.

The bulb inside your trunk is the same as the one in the interior light, so you could try using the trunk bulb to test if it is indeed a blown bulb or not. If it is the bulb, it's a good opportunity to replace both of them with LED versions, which are considerably brighter.

Here's a link to another thread on the forum that discusses this, as well as some info for LED replacements. Interior lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you've confirmed the switch that controls it is in the right position, I'd lean towards a faulty bulb.

The bulb inside your trunk is the same as the one in the interior light, so you could try using the trunk bulb to test if it is indeed a blown bulb or not. If it is the bulb, it's a good opportunity to replace both of them with LED versions, which are considerably brighter.

Here's a link to another thread on the forum that discusses this, as well as some info for LED replacements. Interior lights
I d

Just did the switch and that was the problem! I was just confused considering it's so new, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy question but, how do you get to the light bulb to check?? I can't tell how the cover is held on.
I managed to take it out by using a pocket knife on one of the sides and pushing it till it sort of popped out. In hindsight it was stupid to use a knife, maybe a large flathead screwdriver would be better? I'm pretty sure the manual explains how to open it to replace the bulb

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
910 Posts
Maybe a "small", as in "pocket" or "jewelers" flat head screwdriver? s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it! Used a jewelers screwdriver and it was the bulb. I swapped the trunk one out for now and ordered new LED one from Amazon. Thanks for the help and suggestions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts