Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now put on 2,300 miles on my Abarth. It seems to just now act a bit differently in sport mode. (I pretty much drive in that mode except for my wife) Maybe at the 2000 mile mark. Is it possible that the ECU compiles a file and adjust to my driving habits? Seems more responsive now. Anyone else? Drew

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
It's possible that some performance is limited below a couple thousand miles, presumably for break in. Urban legend has it that you don't get the full range of cam timing in the Hemis until after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I noticed mine seemed to loosen up just about 1000 miles in. It did feel like they had kept things limited on purpose for a break-in period.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love to hear that! Many differnet sounds, though settle... are being banked in my memory. Thanks, Drew

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Alfa 4C had such a thing....can't quite recall what it did, but I think it inhibited "Race" mode until the car had 1000 miles on it (or something like that).

·
Registered
476 Posts
most modern cars are adaptive to driving habits to some point, some more than others, especially trans shift points.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't even used sport mode yet. Was waiting for 1000 miles which I hit earlier this week. Can't wait to try it this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts