Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the dreaded thermostat wait (almost 2 months now), the dealer waiting for the car (Rusnak Maserati) actually stopped carrying Fiats (along with any support, forcing them to tow it to a fiat dealer). I am contemplating buying another abarth, but have heard horror stories about cars waiting for parts (from the current dealer and the dealership I bought it from). Is this a problem just for this model, or does it extend across Fiat USA? I can't imagine the chrysler side having the same parts issues (could be wrong about that though).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking through the online Mopar parts catalog isn't encouraging as far as the 124 is concerned.

The majority of parts are listed as discontinued/unavailable.

What gives?

·
Administrator
1,923 Posts
The vehicle is still too new for there to be parts available for consumers. All of the issues that come up at this point will be covered under warranty unless someone decides to use their car for courier duty. Are we even 1 year into the production cycle yet? Give it some time, and parts will start popping up on rockauto and on the mopar parts catalog.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looking through the online Mopar parts catalog isn't encouraging as far as the 124 is concerned.

The majority of parts are listed as discontinued/unavailable.

What gives?
What specific website are you looking at? And what type of things are you looking up?

there are several websites out there that seem like you are on an official website but they are not. Things for routine service one should not have any trouble finding from a dealer site. Replacement parts could be a whole other issue. Most of the mopar accessories are not available yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yea, I've been waiting three weeks now for replacement trim pieces due to a windshield replacement. Totally sucks.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've ordered parts by walking into a Chrysler dealership. Don't listen to what the parts guy says, he can order parts. The problem may be with the more cosmetic pieces. I ordered an intercooler junction pipe a fog light and a car cover. Each was received within a week. All are unique to this car. Having said that, there may be some parts which have had an unexpected surge in demand; the thermostat, for example.

I've been unable to find the parts drawings online, but the dealer parts guy was able to bring up exploded diagrams.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was looking at the diagram of the cooling system, clicking on replacement parts listed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts