Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the forum, and hopefully this is one that will have an easy solution.

The glass window on my soft top was shattered, and I'm having trouble sourcing a Fiat replacement. Does anyone know if the ND glass will fit the Fiat? If so, this will be an easy solution.

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
479 Posts
your best bet may be to find a local upholstery shop and se if they can replace the window. perhaps an auto glass shop would be able too as well, but I have found it is usually going to turn into replacing the top. maybe your insurance agent or company may be able to steer you in the right direction. if this top is as easy to replace as the top on my NB Miata, it might be cheaper to order a new top and do it yourself

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, having the glass replaced by an upholstery shop was my plan. A new top is $3,500. Apparently the Fiat top is higher quality than the original Miata top, so I'd like to keep it if possible. I'd just like to know if the window is the same size, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

your best bet may be to find a local upholstery shop and se if they can replace the window. perhaps an auto glass shop would be able too as well, but I have found it is usually going to turn into replacing the top. maybe your insurance agent or company may be able to steer you in the right direction. if this top is as easy to replace as the top on my NB Miata, it might be cheaper to order a new top and do it yourself

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would suspect that if the Miata rear glass isn't an exact fit, it will be close enough that the upholstery shop can make it work. They can't be very different.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes, having the glass replaced by an upholstery shop was my plan. A new top is $3,500. Apparently the Fiat top is higher quality than the original Miata top, so I'd like to keep it if possible. I'd just like to know if the window is the same size, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.
It's the same top. The only difference would be if the glass had an additional coating to quiet the cabin. The windshield does in the Lusso and Abarth, along with the extra lining layer that some ND trim levels have.

Reactions: texas and Roadscum
1 - 6 of 6 Posts