Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has only happened twice, but the entertainment display froze on the Navigation setup and turned the display off (music stopped, nothing on the screen) for about 15 minutes. I tried shutting down the car, starting it, locking the car after a shutdown, etc... Nothing worked, but it spontaneously started up about 15 min into the drive.
It's been looked at once by the dealer during its normal visit to the repair shop. Their very quick verdict was that it may be caused by the nav card (to be fair to them, I did purchase it off ebay) and to remove the card and see if it happens again. The nav card has worked flawlessly from day one (cough cough, unlike the car), so I've got some doubts that theory. It would be nice if there was a way to hard reboot the system when it froze. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes

My spider sometimes gets stuck 'loading navigation' and will then not start until the car is left for a while and restarts normally then!!!

Please expand on Nav and mute reset option to re-boot.

Keith

·
Registered
560 Posts
He means the buttons on the center console...the Nav button and the volume knob that doubles as a mute button. Hold them down at the same time until the system restarts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts