Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the Classica and I love it, however......Listen to what the Boys are saying, You have to hang tough on price, "THEY WANT YOUR BUSINESS" and why even consider the used car (they paid trade for) when you could walk in with that cash down payment, ask for their BEST PRICE FOR CASH, no trade and drive out grinning.........but remember, always be prepared to walk away if they get clever, leave a contact number and tell them you have other deals to consider. Best Wishes and WHEN you collect your Spider...PHOTO's...we must see photo's. Cheers
ron
Offering "cash" is meaningless, and will probably get you a WORSE deal. Dealers always get paid in "cash", and if it is the bank's cash financed through them they get a kickback. Your "cash" is a hassle. This is an old wives tale at this point. Don't even discuss how you will pay for it until the deal is negotiated and the bottom-line price is in writing, let them assume you will finance it through them.

All that said - that is not enough of a discount for me to even consider a used one. Technically, I bought my Lusso "used" last year, but it had one month of warranty gone and 24 miles on it for an $8000+ discount when all was said and done. I did have to pay the extortionate Fiat price to get a second key after the fact, plus the usual BS FL dealer fees. This was a non-Fiat Chrysler dealer that bought a bunch of dead dealer and motor show Fiats and Alfas from FCA - I could have bought a similar miles Alfa 4C from them for not much more than half price if I had wanted such a thing. The buying process kind of sucked, but for that discount it was worth the aggravation. LOVE the car, of course.

-Kevin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last December I bought a new 2018 Lusso with all available options (sticker $33.5K) for $21.5K (not including T.T.T.) and still think I didn't get a great deal (but a good one). You can get that used Classica for less, I'd think.
I'm not sure how you can think that isn't a GREAT deal - you basically bought a new car for the normal price of a 2yo one. A better deal than I got on mine, but mine had no options to jack up the margin. That dealer must have been starving! Well done! I didn't buy until late Feb and by then the very best deals were gone.

-Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been looking to buy a Miata or 124 spider. I found this 2017 bronze Classica in excellent condition with just 3600 miles on it. They are listing it at $18400 and $20900 out the door. I might be able to haggle down to $19500 out the door. I need help deciding if it's worth it at that price?

I see a new 2019 white Classica with the 7" infotainment screen and backup camera listed nearby for $20300, so out the door probably $22300. What should I do?
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been looking to buy a Miata or 124 spider. I found this 2017 bronze Classica in excellent condition with just 3600 miles on it. They are listing it at $18400 and $20900 out the door. I might be able to haggle down to $19500 out the door. I need help deciding if it's worth it at that price?

I see a new 2019 white Classica with the 7" infotainment screen and backup camera listed nearby for $20300, so out the door probably $22300. What should I do?
I have a 2017 Red Arbath Spider I’m selling for around 18k. I only have around 15k in miles if your interested in a Arbath.

·
Registered
2017 Classica
1 Posts

Welcome! I'm brand new here too!
You can do much better than that!! I purchased my 2017 Classica brand new from dealer in April 2019 with Technology package, 7" Infotainment screen, they upgraded seats to leather and threw in Fiat car cover for $18,500 ... it was their last one and I was able to seriously haggle because I initially wanted Miata 30th AE until I saw the color - orange. I decided on Fiat when I found out Mazda manufactured it.
I'm a diehard Mazda fan, 2 RX7's & 2 Miata's, currently still drive my '99 Miata AE daily and in excellent condition. The Miata's have hung in there tough for 30 years!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can the original poster even see these replies? His avatar says "Banned." He may be able to see them, but pretty sure he cannot respond... of course I am very new here and could be totally wrong! Anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are willing to travel you can get a smokin' deal. I've been shopping for the perfect Spider on Autotrader and Cars.com for months looking for exactly what I want at a really good price. There is a car dealer in Alabama with several 2018 loaded black Lussos with a sticker price of $33,725 and they are posted for $18,995! There are many 2018 and 2019 Spiders listed as "used" but were actually sold at auction by one dealer to another. This tells me they sat on one guys' lot for a long time and he couldn't move them so he sold them "at auction" to another dealer. This is how they trade inventory. (Click on the CarFax link to check the history and original sticker.) It is much easier for a dealer to sell a car with 4 or more seats than 2, so those of us who want a 2 seater have to play it cool. Many times a dealer will give you a better deal if you finance with them than pay cash. If you pay cash that's all they get and they want to maximize profit. Just get pre-appoved for a loan with your bank or credit union first that way you can compare interest rates and you can "pay cash" if they don't want to negotiate. The dealer will get incentives and kick backs from the finance companies they use so they can make up the difference on the lower sale price that you negotiate. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I have a 2017 Red Arbath Spider I’m selling for around 18k. I only have around 15k in miles if your interested in a Arbath.
Stacy.....Look out for "Chipshot" he is in the market....wants White with all the best kit, but no harm in speaking,....best wishes.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Offering "cash" is meaningless, and will probably get you a WORSE deal. Dealers always get paid in "cash", and if it is the bank's cash financed through them they get a kickback. Your "cash" is a hassle. This is an old wives tale at this point. Don't even discuss how you will pay for it until the deal is negotiated and the bottom-line price is in writing, let them assume you will finance it through them.

All that said - that is not enough of a discount for me to even consider a used one. Technically, I bought my Lusso "used" last year, but it had one month of warranty gone and 24 miles on it for an $8000+ discount when all was said and done. I did have to pay the extortionate Fiat price to get a second key after the fact, plus the usual BS FL dealer fees. This was a non-Fiat Chrysler dealer that bought a bunch of dead dealer and motor show Fiats and Alfas from FCA - I could have bought a similar miles Alfa 4C from them for not much more than half price if I had wanted such a thing. The buying process kind of sucked, but for that discount it was worth the aggravation. LOVE the car, of course.

-Kevin
Maybe true in USA Kevin....Not here though.....been doing it since the late 1960's with cheap bank loans and saving once established without ever failing to agree my target, yes dealers love dealer finance as they get a cut of that, but a sale is a sale and if you go late in the month when sales targets must be met, or winter for Sports cars, Summer for Land Rovers (until they became "Chelsea Tractors" show off kit.....and were tough, look them in the eye and be prepared to walk, then success is there for "He who Dares". Cheers
ron

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Can the original poster even see these replies? His avatar says "Banned." He may be able to see them, but pretty sure he cannot respond... of course I am very new here and could be totally wrong! Anyone know?
Huh. Interesting. 2 posts, no profile and banned? Hope this isn’t the web site playing up again...

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Hey guys! I'm back! It's some auto ban thing which thought I was spamming for some reason. They let me back in :)
Good...Now, where were we.............,

21 - 33 of 33 Posts