Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited to be here. Just got the offer today. Will start on the 10th.

Anyone know about any manual Abarths with LEDs for sale?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,875 Posts
Congratulations, Gabriel. I think you will enjoy it. The climate will be close to home and the cost of living is better than California to get your footing.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations, Gabriel. I think you will enjoy it. The climate will be close to home and the cost of living is better than California to get your footing.
The company also provided me with a 5k relocation bonus, they are awesome.

These past 3 days have been at 45 degrees though! Chilly!

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your budget and what are some deal breakers?
I’m easy, I only need a manual tranny, Abarth and LEDs. That’s it. Budget for this car would be 26k and under. 0-10k miles a must. I might be able to stretch that to 13k or so miles if needed.

Thanks!

Reactions: gtjosh

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an automatic 2010 RX8 stored in austin texas for sale 6500$ it's yours, lol.
I'm gonna be honest with you, car dealers in austin will almost always try to stiff arm you and charge alot.
most people go to san antonio or houston to buy cars.
I tried looking at fiats in austin and the prices were very bad, your best bet is the fiat dealership in dallas/arlington.

here's one

you dont need the visibility package unless you like the day time running light strip or want the moving to adjust your direction lighting. you can add LED headlights which look nicer in my opinion for less than 100$.

it will also be alot cheaper if you buy a car and have it shipped from a dealer somewhere else than buying in texas so be sure to keep that option open. I bought my NC miata from missouri and had it shipped to texas and I bought my abarth in minneapolis.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'll chime back in that I had a good experience with Fiat of Austin and that they were willing to negotiate. I was able to get them to drop their asking price of $19,750 on a 2017 Abarth with 12k miles by almost two grand. I did wind up buying another car but can't say anything bad about my experience with them and they didn't play any stupid 'let me ask my manager' games. As they say, your milage may vary...

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fiat of Austin is a good place to start.
Just spoke with the Austin dealership.
They have a nice new 2019 Abarth, manual with LEDs and Brembo but at 35k msrp, and offering me 33k because end of month rebates...

I could lease and do a low payment, or just finance a 17’ or 18’ with 5-10k miles for around 25k...is leasing good?

How limited would I be in terms of mods? (Making it stock at the end of the lease of course).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Those prices are high.
My suggestion is to do what I did.
Walk in with a list of cars for sale and say: do better and we do business.
I made it clear I had no problem driving or flying to get the right price.
Here is an example I just found on carfax in Spring Texas just outside Houston.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@TX_Bandit I require LEDs.

Carvana seems to have great options and they delivery anywhere in the US, its nice because I get access to a wider selection.

Saw a 2019 with 4k miles with many options for $28,100. Or 2017 with 17k miles at $21,990. I just started looking as well, but first need to get an apartment.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
@TX_Bandit I require LEDs.

Carvana seems to have great options and they delivery anywhere in the US, its nice because I get access to a wider selection.

Saw a 2019 with 4k miles with many options for $28,100. Or 2017 with 17k miles at $21,990. I just started looking as well, but first need to get an apartment.
at least with the 2019 you ll have the abartg badge on the steering wheel
which you don t on 2019
glad your dream came through.
What happenes to your present 124

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
at least with the 2019 you ll have the abartg badge on the steering wheel
which you don t on 2019
glad your dream came through.
What happenes to your present 124
I can get that for $4 is it? Haha.

I will leave it to my father, it has treated me well :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Love I can get that for $4 is it? Haha.

I will leave it to my father, it has treated me well :)
good choice
for yhe badge you hsve to get in line. lol

·
800 Posts
I thought you were going to get something different like a Corvette or something with more power and room.

Reactions: SJWhiteley

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Those prices are high.
My suggestion is to do what I did.
Walk in with a list of cars for sale and say: do better and we do business.
I made it clear I had no problem driving or flying to get the right price.
Here is an example I just found on carfax in Spring Texas just outside Houston.
View attachment 74793
That's where I bought mine. Lawrence Woods was the man and they treated me extremely well. Gave me the deal I asked for. Only problem was that I didn't ask for a good enough deal!

Reactions: MiniDreamCar

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I
I thought you were going to get something different like a Corvette or something with more power and room.
I will, just later. Gonna focus on saving money for now.

The new GR86 sounds amazing but its still a year or two off.

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might be flexible with the headlights for a much better price...but I wouldn't keep it, I'd sell it later on because it is not "perfect".

But so many good cards incoming, new Giulia QV, BMW M240i, Corvette C8...and the GR86.

·
800 Posts
If I were you, I would just go for the GR86. I don't think you will ever be happy with the Spider. I like the car for what it is and yes, it is not perfect but it does lots of things very well.

Reactions: Kturley
1 - 20 of 30 Posts