Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
A veloster N would be in the same price category and will probably outperform any new model BRZ thing with 4 cylinders and I would not hold your breath expecting to see that one soon. If you really want to wait toyota seems to be having trouble selling the BMW supra and they may bring the 4 cylinder supra over which would be better. Personally, I like my abarth but I use it for a commuter car and put about 30,000 miles on it a year so will sell it in two years but... I may just buy another abarth, lol.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
A veloster N would be in the same price category and will probably outperform any new model BRZ thing with 4 cylinders and I would not hold your breath expecting to see that one soon. If you really want to wait toyota seems to be having trouble selling the BMW supra and they may bring the 4 cylinder supra over which would be better. Personally, I like my abarth but I use it for a commuter car and put about 30,000 miles on it a year so will sell it in two years but... I may just buy another abarth, lol.
FWD. ‘Nuff said. It is also very firm, not particularly pretty, meh interior, and would prefer a Type R if I needed the practicality.

I also do not think at all that it will outperform the GR86 because that car will be much better balanced and weigh 200-400 pounds less. But who knows. I know it ain’t coming soon.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If I were you, I would just go for the GR86. I don't think you will ever be happy with the Spider. I like the car for what it is and yes, it is not perfect but it does lots of things very well.
Brett, I am happy with my Spider. You need to understand that there are different levels of happiness, it is not an on/off switch.

There is nothing wrong with being happy while also conscious of changes that could improve the car for me.

Almost all cars have something that can be improved upon - doesn’t mean that the owner is unhappy just because a bit more space here and a bit more power there could be nice.

I am happy and love it even as an auto, would now be manual and have access to GWR’s products, and good roads to drive on.

The GR86 sounds great but it hasn’t been officially revealed. I need a car now. What do you @Brett67 think about 29-30k for a 2019 new Spider with LED, Brembos and Sensors?

I appreciate your opinion, thanks.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I asked about 2020 since it would be the last year and potentially better resale value but dealer says that they will supposedly take months to arrive, and that by the time I start in the next weeks I might be able to get some promotions. Is 28k an amazing deal for a new 2019 with manual, LED, brembo and sensors?

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,276 Posts
Amazing, no. That would have to be under $25k. Good, yes. Mine was $32k with everything short of LED, Brembo, and Recaro. None of those things matter to me since it was all getting upgraded anyway at some point. I like the 2-tone seats I have but they will eventually come out for a set of Sparco Evo XLs.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Amazing, no. That would have to be under $25k. Good, yes. Mine was $32k with everything short of LED, Brembo, and Recaro. None of those things matter to me since it was all getting upgraded anyway at some point. I like the 2-tone seats I have but they will eventually come out for a set of Sparco Evo XLs.
Thanks for the info. I want a great deal. Let’s see what happens. Any other purchase prices or opinions are highly relevant. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
at least with the 2019 you ll have the abartg badge on the steering wheel
which you don t on 2019
glad your dream came through.
What happenes to your present 124
My 2018 have Abarth badge on the steering wheel. Maybe is because it was built late in the year (Nov)?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive seen lots of 2018 with the scorpion badges
personally I don't mind it having fiat on the steering wheel
the scorpions on the chairs are just too much

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will be in Austin this weekend for SLB at COTA. I can drive my Abarth down there and you can check it out. It checks all your boxes and it has a bunch of nice mods on it already. I am from NM.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts