Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed hood lifts (from Moss Miata) - very easy install and a big improvement. The hood raises quite a bit higher and no more having to work around the prop rod. So much more light coming in now too!

I plastidipped my pink dipstick handle and the top battery bracket (Red!). Four coats each - I like the way it turned out.

Also installed Hella Supertone horns. The install was a bit tricky (for me anyway - not too mechanically inclined) which involved loosening/removing the bottom front panels under the car. I used new mounting options for both horns which required extending the wiring a bit, but other than that they were pretty much plug and play. Power to the OEM wire and a ground to the frame. I was afraid I'd never get the under-panels re-installed properly, but finally managed to find a place for all the connectors that came off. Can't beat that! Took it for a drive afterwards and no codes so far so I've got my fingers crossed that everything is good.

The horns are really nice. Very loud (much more than the OE horns) and a proper sound for an Italian sports car. No more Detroit 1980's sound for me! Of course, I realize that it's subjective and some folks like the OE horns, but I'm pleased with my new ones.

Next project - I've ordered new shifter and e-brake boots, as well as a new lid for the center cubby, all with a red pinstripe to match the red trim piping that I installed a month or so ago. There's some excellent instructions in the forum, so I'm hopeful everything will come out okay. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I’d like some alcantara trim pieces like in Europe...you know any places that sell those?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I was looking at the alcantara dash piece today and from my quick skim saw the Mazda part is the same. Around $300 from dealers
I can confirm the Mazda lower dash part is an exact fit.

Sourcing the center cubby lid with the Abarth scorpion logo is the trick. A couple of us got it from a Japanese source a few years ago, but it wasn’t cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts