Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
965 Posts
Are you selling it with plans to replace it with the auto version? The reason I ask is the only difference between the catch can for the auto and the catch can for the manual is one has a bent bracket and the other has a straight bracket. Rather than take a loss on selling one to buy another, go to the hardware store and buy a piece of aluminum or steel strap and make a bracket that fits your car. Or, just pound the bent bracket straight with a hammer, drill a hole in it and spray it with black spray paint to make it work. If there was ever a 'this isn't rocket science" example for a mod, this is it.

If you decided you just don't a catch can, ignore the above, and good luck with the sale. Cheers

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you selling it to get with plans to get the catch can for the auto version? The reason I ask is the only difference between the catch can for the auto and the catch can for the manual is one has a bent bracket and the other has a straight bracket. Rather than take a big loss on selling one to buy another, just go to the hardware store and buy a piece of aluminum or steel strap and make one that fits your car. Or just pound the bent braket straight with a hammer, drill a new holw in it then spray it with some black spray paint. If there was ever a 'this isn't rocket science" example for a mod, this is it.

If you decided you just don't want one, ingnore the above and good luck with the sale.
Hello!
Thx for thanking the time to write and your suggestion. According to Eurocompulsion, I need longer hoses as well (bc of the different mounting
Location) They mentioned they will not have one until Summer, so I though I would put it up l, see if anyone wanted it, and if so, order a new one when they are back in stock.
(Would put the $$ towards a Eurocompulsion Throttle Pedal Performance unit)
If not, I will take your advise and dig up some hoses and a bracket (per your suggestion)
Thanks for taking the time to help!
Much Appreciated!!

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
965 Posts
Hello!
Thx for thanking the time to write and your suggestion. According to Eurocompulsion, I need longer hoses as well (bc of the different mounting
Location) They mentioned they will not have one until Summer, so I though I would put it up l, see if anyone wanted it, and if so, order a new one when they are back in stock.
(Would put the $$ towards a Eurocompulsion Throttle Pedal Performance unit)
If not, I will take your advise and dig up some hoses and a bracket (per your suggestion)
Thanks for taking the time to help!
Much Appreciated!!
Happy if my suggestion helped. Hoses and brackets are at most $10. Good Luck!

Reactions: CDNA

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy if my suggestion helped. Hoses and brackets are at most $10. Good Luck!
Hello Fellow Forum Members
I have a EC Oil Catch Can that I purchased but doesn’t fit my Prima with Automatic Gearbox
$150.00 plus Shipping . If interested pls PM
Tu!

View attachment 83162
No longer for Sale. Decided to make it work
Thx Tx_Bandit for the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts