Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I finally bit the bullet and bought the car. Combination of reasons, but I got a good deal and my trade-in wasn't getting any younger, so I take delivery of a new manual Turini white next week (assuming it can be got out of customs).

I was just wondering what I need to check when accepting the car at the dealer? I have heard about checking tyre pressures and also ensuring the Nav SD card is present - is there anything else to check for?

·
Registered
483 Posts
check everything. ask for a walk through with the salesman. make sure there are all documents included. there are two rubber plugs which should be installed in the underbody. nav card, if it was an option. wind deflector should be installed between the hoops behind the seats... where are the cup holders? pop the hood and check the fluid levels, engine oil, brake fluid (brake reservoir also serves as clutch reservoir if I am not mistaken), bring a tire pressure gauge, check the finish of the car, check the finish, check the finish. walk around the car, stoop down, walk backwards and forward to see the light hitting everything from different angles. if it is overcast when you pick it up this will be much more difficult.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Post your entry to the "most over inflated tires on delivery" competition when you get back from picking it up.

If it's cool day with your harsh Aussie winters ;):), check the AC is working - mine needed recharged when I picked it up.

Congrats on the purchase. We finally wore you down...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on the Spider purchase. Terrific comments/recommendations from the forum team, would add opening the top and watch how it moves behind the seat. Note how close it comes to the rollbars or if it even touches...documenting w/dealer present may come in handy later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts