Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I don't own a 124 Spider but today I was provided with wife approval to pursue the purchase. Very excited, and though I live in an area where there is zero chance I'm running into one close by I have a local dealer searching for an Abarth that meets my specs. Might take awhile, but just getting clearance is almost as good as getting the car. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats and good luck with your search!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My wife didn't see my Spider until I brought it home....LOL She just shakes her head. I always had a car to go with my 4Runner. 2 Vettes, an Infiniti, Miata, Never kept one more than a year, So far I am doing much better with the 124. But I am looking for a Cayman......Probably won't find one close

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Subvette, I have the same issues. Never keep a car longer than a year. Had my classica for 6 month, traded on an abarth. I promised her I’m done.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Getting ‘clearence’ is a huge step! Congratulations!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to fun and a great source for answers to your questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a local dealer searching for an Abarth that meets my specs
My local dealer wasn't super interested in doing this, and like others here, I used the Fiat site with altered zipcodes to search dealerships well outside the 250 mile range. I searched this way for weeks before finding what I wanted. Since it was about 300 miles away I chose to drive there to get it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
New member here. I don't own a 124 Spider but today I was provided with wife approval to pursue the purchase. Very excited, and though I live in an area where there is zero chance I'm running into one close by I have a local dealer searching for an Abarth that meets my specs. Might take awhile, but just getting clearance is almost as good as getting the car. :)
What's your location.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's your location.
I'm in NE Indiana. I'm looking for an Abarth, manual transmission, white or red w/Stripe, and all leather seats (either recaro or with the luxury package). The Brembro brakes would be a plus but I can do without.

The manual/abarth/stripe combo is hard enough. Add in the leather seating and there's not much there.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My local dealer wasn't super interested in doing this, and like others here, I used the Fiat site with altered zipcodes to search dealerships well outside the 250 mile range. I searched this way for weeks before finding what I wanted. Since it was about 300 miles away I chose to drive there to get it.
Yeah, the guy I'm talking to is fine with doing this. He's found a couple so far that we're going to pursue, but there's no guarantee that the other dealers will play ball. It's winter here now so there's no particular rush (beyond beating the potential rescinded spousal approval*) but I might end up just contacting far flung dealers directly and travelling. Then either driving home or having it shipped, depending on distance and weather.

*I'm a firm believer in acting on permission immediately, once given.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

Vehicle found, deposit down, just need the exchange of paperwork (it's 200 miles away). They're trucking it to my house, they estimate I'll have it by Tue/Wed next week. Merry Christmas to me.

124 Abarth, 6-Speed Manual, Grigio Argento Aluminum w/Heritage Stripe, Safety and Comfort Pkg. Already ordered the red mirror covers, red trim piece, and the Abarth cover. Now I just need to get the garage cleaned.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LIKE!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

·
Registered
534 Posts
Vehicle found, deposit down, just need the exchange of paperwork (it's 200 miles away). They're trucking it to my house, they estimate I'll have it by Tue/Wed next week. Merry Christmas to me.
Congrats! What a Christmas gift!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Happy to hear you found what you were looking for. Can’t wait to see pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts