Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm guessing it will be right-hand drive. I wonder how many Spiders were sold in Japan.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
In Japan anyway. Most likely everywhere else also?
Well, they're all made at Mazda's plant, so yeah, that's the end.

I have mixed emotions about it. On one side, I'm very, very happy I was able to buy one with the trim level I wanted ("the works", if you please). :) But sad to see it come to an end, especially since the butt ugly Mazda cousin will still be manufactured. It means that potentially our cars' value might increase over time, but so too will the scarcity of replacement parts become an issue. I think most of us knew that 2020 was the end of the production run, so we were all bracing for it, and holding out a sliver of hope that the deal might be extended. But, alas, it was not to be. :(

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow! The sketches of our 124s and the the orig 124s really demonstrates the designer/stylist skill in paying homage to the heritage of the 124. The major reason I got mine was for the drop-dead gorgeous styling. Would love to see the early sketches of our cars when they were intended to be Alfa Spiders.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Today the owner of a Ferrari 360 coming in the opposite direction gave me the high-five.

I wonder how many Mazda owners get a high-five from owners of an exotic car.

·
Registered
2018 124 spider in bianco gelatno white. (stock for now)
17 Posts
depends on the people, I like seeing people look at me get out of mine like how did you 6'0 195 pounds fit in to that tiny car, and who makes it. then coming out of kroger/walmart where you going to put all that food and being in shock when they see 10 bags of food fit in the trunk and it closes.

only hope is that these cars become rare and in demand for mine.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
depends on the people, I like seeing people look at me get out of mine like how did you 6'0 195 pounds fit in to that tiny car, and who makes it. then coming out of kroger/walmart where you going to put all that food and being in shock when they see 10 bags of food fit in the trunk and it closes.

only hope is that these cars become rare and in demand for mine.
If you think you get funny looks, I'm the clown car example. I'm two inches taller and much heavier.... and yet I fit in just fine. I've joked with folks and said it's amazing how you can magically fit something really big inside something that's really small. lol

Reactions: Calehedron

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I wonder how many Miata drivers get compliments from complete strangers ????????
Very simple, they don't have this topic on their Forum. That tells you something. Unless they know you, if you go ask for some info, don't ever mention you have a 124spider, cause they won't answer you. This is my experience on the Miata or Mx5 or a girly car. LOL

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If you think you get funny looks, I'm the clown car example. I'm two inches taller and much heavier.... and yet I fit in just fine. I've joked with folks and said it's amazing how you can magically fit something really big inside something that's really small. lol
Now I’m tempted to go shopping at Kroger wearing my clown costume and driving my Spider. Get your cameras ready, folks.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,940 Posts
I'm with you! 6'2" 260 but I fit just fine! One thing I am still considering though is the Mazda telescoping wheel. I'm all the way back to fit my legs but my hands could be a bit closer when I am on the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts