Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A possibility?? On my Mustang Gt, they were very easy to install by just bolting on...but looking under the 124 by the pinch rails, all I see is tack welds, rivets, or something else...no holes to bolt on an aftermarket jacking rail.

So what you guys think?? :confused::eek::(

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
I think you should buy a jack pad.

http://amzn.to/2v75wWL

They make them in various sizes. No more crunching pinch rails or scraping paint when you can't find (or can't easily access) jack points.

I've used ramps to lift my car every time I've had to, but I bought one of those specifically for the 124 Spider. I will warn you though, they smell awful when you first get them out of the bag. Don't open inside.

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
For a less stinky alternative, the Miata guys were using hockey pucks to craft these devices. If you're a "handy guy" how can you resist? :)
best regards
Pete

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
No kidding: I was concerned that that they would pose an environmental hazard after I opened the bag inside my house!! :eek:
I ended up opening the bag inside and leaving it on the concrete for a couple of days. Stopped smelling after that. It has been working very well though. It's pretty flexible so it is very good at distributing loads.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
For a less stinky alternative, the Miata guys were using hockey pucks to craft these devices. If you're a "handy guy" how can you resist? :)
best regards
Pete
I bought hockey pucks for just this purpose.

However, getting them placed correctly can be troublesome: I'm thinking of adding magnets to them so they can be placed on the pinch weld jacking point then put the jack underneath.

Reactions: Seagas and Mike34

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Use electrical tape or

I bought hockey pucks for just this purpose.

However, getting them placed correctly can be troublesome: I'm thinking of adding magnets to them so they can be placed on the pinch weld jacking point then put the jack underneath.
duct tape and just cut a piece the length of the hockey puck and shove it down stickey side up., with a screw driver,..then go to your car and shove it into the pinch weld, and it will stay long enough for you to get jack under it...:):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts