Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Fitted new 馃 Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres to the rear yesterday. Lasted about six months - note I鈥檝e been on several track days and my car isn鈥檛 stock. With its extreme camber it鈥檚 making more contact on the inner and middle so that explains why it may appear a short lifespan, but I鈥檓 ok with that.

Those reading from the UK I used Blackcircles.com for the best price with their pit spot unit by Lakeside shopping centre giving an extra (拢5) discount for going direct. By far the cheapest vs leading competitors, however don鈥檛 expect a plush waiting area (video review coming soon to YouTube.com/JayTee124).

Registered
Discussion Starter #25

I also passed by to see Tony at Tune4Performance since my EML came on. I bought a cheap OBD reader which can鈥檛 clear codes but only read them, it was linked to emissions presumably due to my sports cat from Tork Motorsports and the remap which dumps a lot of fuel into the exhaust on overrun at high revs, which in its initial phase perhaps was overused ...due to the sheer noise and drama from those pops and bangs 馃挜 馃幎

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Update - no engine management light - car driving well. Still in need of advice to take car past 200BHP. Want the BMC hose kit next as got the actual filter ready to install. Race cams suggested by TMC, anyone used this route to upgrade?

Meanwhile I also got new tyres...

Registered
Welcome! I鈥檓 rather envious, I miss London 馃槶
I miss London too - spent five years there in the late nineties after graduating university in Glasgow. Fulham and, later, Richmond mostly.

Love your pictures JayTee.

Registered

Registered
Nice to see you on here! I'm up in the Lincoln area myself, but haven't found any local car meets to go to, so I have to make it to a Caffeine and Machine some time and see how that is. Everyone says it's a good time, so I'm excited to see for myself once the weather clears up for more than a day lol. Here's mine, which I'm currently testing Tork's tune on:

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Nice to see you on here! I'm up in the Lincoln area myself, but haven't found any local car meets to go to, so I have to make it to a Caffeine and Machine some time and see how that is. Everyone says it's a good time, so I'm excited to see for myself once the weather clears up for more than a day lol. Here's mine, which I'm currently testing Tork's tune on: View attachment 74611
Stunning

Love the recaros

if you have the map file would love to take a look as the Tork cat keeps triggering my EML

Registered
Discussion Starter #32

I think the offset on these wheel is ET45, so with my 20mm spacers on front and 25mm on back you would want ET15, which is quite rare unless custom machined. Spacers are your best bet, hubcentric and bolted into the car not those thin crappy ebay ones...

peace 鉁

Registered
View attachment 74749
I think the offset on these wheel is ET45, so with my 20mm spacers on front and 25mm on back you would want ET15, which is quite rare unless custom machined. Spacers are your best bet, hubcentric and bolted into the car not those thin crappy ebay ones...

peace 鉁
emm
personally don鈥檛 like spacers that much, it messes with the geometry a little
IMO a set of 17x8 wheels with 45 offset or 17x9 will be better

but hey it鈥檚 a lot cheaper and the wheels looks good

21 - 34 of 34 Posts