Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
2,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Quite a few people here are in the Fiat 124 Spider 2017 Fan Club Facebook group.

Reactions: LongBeachJim

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thank you for your efforts, but...

If there is one (this forum or FB), what need is there for the other? Why dilute the richness, the depth and bredth of information found within one by creating another? The risk is run of having some 124Spider users seeing some information rather than all the 124Spider users seeing all the information.

Someone brings up a topic or asks a question on one site and instead of receiving experiences or answers may be told, "Go to the forum/FB, that was already discussed there." Or, some users only watch one of the two sites and may end up losing out on what happens at the other. That is a pretty big turn off for me. I don't want to take the time to watch multiple sites created by the same people (esp. when the forum already has umpteen sub-forums, several of which could be rolled together creating less sub-forums) when I could instead have it all at one place. Nobody is going to go through the effort of posting the same conversation at both places.

You may think that I am not a FB user. That is correct, I am the one in a million Americans that will never have a presense on FB. But that is not my point, not my contention. Pick the forum concept, pick the FB concept, but don't dilute one by having both. Pick one and stick with it. There are already other Spider sites out there not related to the owners of this forum/FB, why spread out the users, with their information and conversation, even more?

Of course there is the whole topic of advertising revenue, more eyeballs being shown more advertising from more sourses means more revenue all around. But I digress...

Less following of multiple websites and more driving of the actual cars, I say.

Steve.

·
Administrator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If there is one (this forum or FB), what need is there for the other? Why dilute the richness, the depth and bredth of information found within one by creating another? The risk is run of having some 124Spider users seeing some information rather than all the 124Spider users seeing all the information.

Someone brings up a topic or asks a question on one site and instead of receiving experiences or answers may be told, "Go to the forum/FB, that was already discussed there." Or, some users only watch one of the two sites and may end up losing out on what happens at the other. That is a pretty big turn off for me. I don't want to take the time to watch multiple sites created by the same people (esp. when the forum already has umpteen sub-forums, several of which could be rolled together creating less sub-forums) when I could instead have it all at one place. Nobody is going to go through the effort of posting the same conversation at both places.

You may think that I am not a FB user. That is correct, I am the one in a million Americans that will never have a presense on FB. But that is not my point, not my contention. Pick the forum concept, pick the FB concept, but don't dilute one by having both. Pick one and stick with it. There are already other Spider sites out there not related to the owners of this forum/FB, why spread out the users, with their information and conversation, even more?

Of course there is the whole topic of advertising revenue, more eyeballs being shown more advertising from more sourses means more revenue all around. But I digress...

Less following of multiple websites and more driving of the actual cars, I say.

Steve.
Facebook groups are basically social media chat groups, and we aren't the only one. The existence of another FB group already has not diluted the richness of experience here. Simply put, there are some people who will only engage in forum discussions, some who will only engage in Facebook discussions, and some who will do both. The Facebook group is a way for us to share some of the richness of this forum with people who might never bother to register because to them, Facebook is more convenient.

We had a similar situation over on CruzeTalk. CruzeTalk.com has about 40k members, while the CruzeTalk FB group has 4,350 members. Many of those people on FB would never have registered on our actual forum had the two not been affiliated. If Facebook groups are going to exist, may as well have one affiliated with this site so we can send some Facebook traffic over here as people discover how much there is to learn and share in a more structured format.

If you don't like it, you don't need to join. There's nothing wrong with that, but having a Facebook group allows this site to reach out to more members that would otherwise not even bother. If I didn't already have extensive experience with an identical configuration on another site, I wouldn't have even bothered setting up the FB group.

·
Registered
233 Posts

You may think that I am not a FB user. That is correct, I am the one in a million Americans that will never have a presense on FB.

Steve.
Ha! Make that two in a million. I don't do FB, either. I'd rather be here or enjoying Little Spidee, than updating what I had for breakfast or where I got my nails done. ;)

Besides, I'd rather not help out a clown like Zuckerberg. FB is a pain. :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Reactions: Carpediem

·
Registered
350 Posts
63 here and use both FB groups and forums for various interests of mine. They both serve a different purpose and are useful. And as far as Zuckerberg goes, well I don't give rat's patootie about him.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am really excited about this!

Now we can make videos of cats doing cute stuff near our 124s... I will be able to post the most boring and mundane parts my my life as long as it involves the 124. I am brushing my teeth and I can see my 124 out the window, life is great!... Facebook check ins! Here I am at the Methadone Clinic with my 124!... Imaging all the fun made up 124 news we can spread all over Facebook, I am working on a fake FCA news release about the new 2019 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth Demon Hellcat right now...

Facebook is a Sewer.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have a facebook account, and personally I like to stay here for the spider, I get flooded already by all kinds of posts on FB, So I like to keep facebook clean, when I need info or reveal info to others, I will do it here. Don't dilute the product. tia

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love Facebook. As an investment. A 3 bagger for me! Otherwise, I leave it to the millenials. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg.

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like both

Facebook groups are basically social media chat groups, and we aren't the only one. The existence of another FB group already has not diluted the richness of experience here. Simply put, there are some people who will only engage in forum discussions, some who will only engage in Facebook discussions, and some who will do both. The Facebook group is a way for us to share some of the richness of this forum with people who might never bother to register because to them, Facebook is more convenient.

We had a similar situation over on CruzeTalk. CruzeTalk.com has about 40k members, while the CruzeTalk FB group has 4,350 members. Many of those people on FB would never have registered on our actual forum had the two not been affiliated. If Facebook groups are going to exist, may as well have one affiliated with this site so we can send some Facebook traffic over here as people discover how much there is to learn and share in a more structured format.

If you don't like it, you don't need to join. There's nothing wrong with that, but having a Facebook group allows this site to reach out to more members that would otherwise not even bother. If I didn't already have extensive experience with an identical configuration on another site, I wouldn't have even bothered setting up the FB group.
Correct and i don,t mind doing both.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I took a "1 week Facebook hiatus". 3 months ago. Never went back. It's like constant back pain. You don't know how bad it was till you don't have it anymore. Lol

Reactions: Magoffin

·
Administrator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with Sharkcohen. Just join the fan club, which is already well established on Facebook. It's about 20 times easier than this forum to post a big fat picture.
The fan club group is not moderated at all, which is the main reason I created a group affiliated with this forum.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I agree with Sharkcohen. Just join the fan club, which is already well established on Facebook. It's about 20 times easier than this forum to post a big fat picture.
I ended up quitting that Facebook group a few months ago, too many haters.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Ha! Make that two in a million. I don't do FB, either. I'd rather be here or enjoying Little Spidee, than updating what I had for breakfast or where I got my nails done. ;)

Besides, I'd rather not help out a clown like Zuckerberg. FB is a pain. :)

I have a Facebook account but rarely open it. I really don't like Zuckerberg. I seem to miss a lot of Fiat Fan Club stuff. But then again, I am not insane either. I like this forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts