Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joseph’s Great Wheel Dilemma

Now the number one thing that irks me about my blue A124 is the wheels. I frankly cannot stand them, both the style as well as the colour. OK – I will admit is a personal thing and have no issue with those who like theirs. But I need to change mine. And since I am changing may as well as look at something lightweight. My other requirements are they need to look like they are made from …..you know……Alloy – those painted wheels ….Nah. As well as being easy to clean (my inner OCD coming to the fore). So, I have been looking for something like Enkie, Advan, Rays, Oz Racing, Fondmetal, etc

After deliberating (more like obsessing) I had the following short list

OZ Racing ULTRALEGGERA – but there are so many different shades to choose from & I am unsure what would go best with my blue.

OZ Racing ALLEGGERA HLT – I adore these – they are just sooooo light and look the part......but their design does tend to make them look smaller than they really are. I was dead set certain to get these on my A5oo but then I saw a set in the flesh and I swear they were 1 inch smaller & I am thinking the same on the A124

If money was no object – Rays ZE40, especially in its gunmetal blue option (hubba, hubba) ........but $5K is ridiculous as its almost all my modding budget – rather spend that sort of $$$ on exhaust, intake and tune. Had a look at the Rota copy the G Force, hummmmmmm not totally opposed but not available here at all. in my fitment.

Enkie TS10 – with a bit of luck can these for a reasonable $$$........then again I am trying the replace the Japanesey parts of the car

Enkei RCT-4 – probably my fav Enkie, but see above

Fondmetal 9RR – These I would need to see next to the car and there are none in the country

Which gets me to the 6UL – the next shipment is due in a few weeks. They are exceptionally light and not toooooo exxy. And I find myself coming back to this photo – many times
http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/download/file.php?id=2667andt=1

In the past few days I have gotten it down to the OZ Racing ULTRALEGGERA vs the 6UL. And here is the thing in Australia – no one actually stocks them so essentially I need to place order before get chance to see how they look. Yes, I had looked and many (countless) on-line photos and it sorta helps but I am still unsure. Sometimes I look at the OZU and think – wow, they look all elegant and Italian, but other times they look too “spindly”. Whereas sometimes I look at the 6UL and think – wow, they look all racy and purposeful, but other times they look too fat and clumsy in the design. Both are about the same weight with the 6UL having the edge. And with the 6ULs – I am not sure which of the colour options will work with my blue A124 – either the Tungsten or the Beryllium

Your thoughts !! Opinions !! Please put me outta my misery

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
4 bolt stud pattern is the limiting factor. Are all these available as 4 stud patterns?

BTW - Standard offset is 45mm which means you can legally go to a max 33mm offset and max 8" width.

·
Super Moderator
1,270 Posts
I like both of your choices. The OZ is a bit more stylish though. And both are known to fit, which is something you don't want to botch!
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE ....(for those not on FB)

Now fitted with Oz Racing and Michelin PS4 goodness ......

Sorry for the crappy photo - I think I need to clean my iPhone lens. Click on pic for better view.

I am pretty chuffed on how they ended up looking. I was a bit concerned that they may have looked too "bright". But for what ever reason (maybe they are Italian, after all) the Crystal Titanium colour was not much like its official photo .....it has more of that shadow chrome effect. The wheels appear to be painted black and then silver over for spokes and rim. Thou when I opened the box the first time and saw the all black backside of the wheel I was having convulsions - especially as one package had gone missing in action for 4 weeks and arrived just recently-ish.

Got them for a bargain as part of those Black Friday sales

Next .......Eibachs - needs more low

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I like the style of the wheel, my only reservation may be that they are a bit too bright. But maybe that’s the pic.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I like the style of the wheel, my only reservation may be that they are a bit too bright. But maybe that’s the pic.
Nah, they are bright .......like, you know, alloy. But not as bright as (I was a bit concerned) as the official Oz Racing photo

Mine have very dark internal finish ...... as I said no sure why

·
Registered
729 Posts
I do like the dark Abarth wheels on my white car, makes for a nice contrast, as far as stock wheels go. There's another thread in here about something similar, and I posted a pic of the wheels I've ordered to replace the stock Abarth wheels. They're 5-spoke with dark red accents, 17x7.5 +40mm offset, will show the Brembos much better, and the cross-drilled rotors and s/s lines that are on the way. Going to install 235/40 tires, should give me the wider stance I'm looking for. They're a couple of pounds lighter than the stock Abarth wheels, but I was going more for looks than lightweight. Whatever weight I save in the wheels will probably be lost because of the bigger tires anyway, lol! When I was looking at replacing the wheels, I saw this OZ style, but just didn't do anything for me. Glad YOU like them, and that's all that matters!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw your red accent spoked wheels ......impressed. Should look good on the white A124. Look forward to seeing them on the car.

I procrastinated heaps about the Oz Racing .... my problem as no retailer here in Australia carry these in stock (thou many will sell them to you) so it was a leap of faith to buy essentially sight unseen

Agreed ...its nice to see the Brembos.....if ya got it flaunt it

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts