Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to home depot and came back, and getting out of the parking lot, this guy in a Miata came up fast behind me. We spiritedly weaved through traffic (not in excess of speed though, just 5-10 over the limit) for about half a mile till we both came up to a red light. Guy was in his late 30s, and asked me how I liked the car.

I laughingly said "I love it, this thing is going to get me into trouble."

He asked when I got it, I told him March. He told me about how he got his 2007 in November with 10,000 miles on it, after wrecking his old 2007 in November. We took off from the light at a modest speed, gave him a thumbs up, and turned onto my street.

This isn't the first time either. There's just something about Miata drivers, that they just know you're a car enthusiast when you own one an affordable roadster, and having the top down is basically an invitation for a conversation at a red light.

I love going out for drives not knowing what moments like those will come up next.

·
Registered
351 Posts
A couple of teenagers in a '90s Crown Vic challenged me to do a burnout at a stoplight. I declined.

They then decided to show me how it's done by revving their engine up and doing one of their own. When the light changed, they managed about three chirps in total. I laughed and drove slowly off.

·
Super Moderator
1,299 Posts
I am at HD a lot and the Contractors are always scratching their heads over the Abarth. I haven't bought lumber yet, but with some simple precautions and the top down I brought home 8 and 10 foot material in my Miata. That always seemed to surprise them.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have taken both my fiata and miata to lowes and home depot. I remember one time I needed to pick up some drywall, I used my Toyota pick up.......just my $ 0.02

·
Registered
726 Posts
I am at HD a lot and the Contractors are always scratching their heads over the Abarth. I haven't bought lumber yet, but with some simple precautions and the top down I brought home 8 and 10 foot material in my Miata. That always seemed to surprise them.
Best regards
Pete
You can also haul an 8 foot HD Christmas tree which has been tightly twined. Used to do that with my Corvette, to the shock & amazement of others. Just be sure to use a thick blanket to protect the interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts