Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

But hey, if you spend at least $124 more with AR, they'll be happy to help you advertise for them free of charge:

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. What's the incentive to purchase the tune through a 3rd party, and not direct from the Tuner themselves?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. What's the incentive to purchase the tune through a 3rd party, and not direct from the Tuner themselves?
I can promise you if it had not been for Brett Melancon at Auto Ricambi I never would have purchased a Tork tune. He was my incentive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can promise you if it had not been for Brett Melancon at Auto Ricambi I never would have purchased a Tork tune. He was my incentive.
Yeah, exactly. I haven't personally had any interactions with the tuner, but the consensus on this forum is that he invests his time and energy into developing the tunes, with a perfectionist's attention...to the expense of customer service. I get that, but having a third party that is focused on customer support definitely helped me feel comfortable with the purchase.

(Incidentally, this is in sharp contrast to the situation with EC, where the guys who develop the product also personally support it.)

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
Brett is well known in the community and AR has a good reputation with Customers. It came as a surprise to me that they got involved with Tork. However, if I was sure that Tork was the only tune for me, I’d only have done it through AR.
I am not surprised that AR is severing their relationship with Tork. I hope they find a good alternative that will align with their philosophy.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The way Tork and friends intruded themseves with arrogance, made me believe his products were not so reliable, Plus let s not forget his famous springs.

Glad AR took the right decision.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The famous springs were fixed and Brett has a time slip with springs installed
It works
I meant the head springs.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I'm willing to wager the decision was more in line with the customer service aspect. IF you had an issue or tune questions...it would take days to reply. As mentioned above...talk direct to the tuner and get it worked out. Also, agree with wanting to work with AR due to their great customer service.

all around this is better for tuner, customer and AR.

mahalo for posting the info.

aloha mike

·
Registered
536 Posts
I received the same email last week. I do like working with Brett.

I don't have any direct experience working with John yet so don't have any thoughts on the matter. Everything has been working smoothly for me since I received the tune. I'm sure I will be engaging with John soon as I look at joining the stuffed turbo crowd.

·
796 Posts
Not a dumb question and is part of the reason for our decision to do this. We still support the Tork Tune though and have been very happy with the products.

Reactions: CDPond and Mike34

·
796 Posts

·
796 Posts
It works
AR never sold the springs but I have been very happy with mine.

Reactions: Kturley and Mike34

·
Banned
3,046 Posts
It works
what was the improvement?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Don't forget Speedmotive is also an option for anyone looking for tuning
They are also very experienced with FIATS

·
796 Posts
Auto Ricambi works very hard to deliver valuable products and services for our FIAT customers. Our efforts with the Tork Tune were driven by our passion for the Spider and desire to be involved with bringing excellent tuning options to the market for the owners. This change seemed like the right thing to do given the situation. There is no bad blood between AR and Tork and I will continue to run the Tork Tune on my personal Spider. I also plan to go to Stage 2 as soon as I have the chance to do that.

I have enjoyed working with people on the tunes and have made some great friends in the process. Auto Ricambi will continue to focus on what we do best and leave the tuning part to what Tork does best.

It is all good though. If any AR/Tork customer has a question, comment or just wants to talk tunes, I am still here and would be more than happy to chat. This does not change that.
Thanks!

Reactions: Mike34 and murix

·
796 Posts
Don't forget Speedmotive is also an option for anyone looking for tuning
They are also very experienced with FIATS
If I was not working with Tork, I would be giving Lorenzo a call at Speedmotive. Good guy and is passionate about FIAT.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The way Tork and friends intruded themseves with arrogance, made me believe his products were not so reliable, Plus let s not forget his famous springs.

Glad AR took the right decision.
I've had my Tork tune for almost a year now and it still works perfectly. It outperforms the other tune I had and is smoother and glitch-free. John needed only one shot to make it perfect, I can't say the same for before I switched over, both in terms of number of tries and getting it perfect. His biggest problem is his tendency to offend people, not his ability to make quality products. The springs was sheer bad luck due to supplier issues and not representative of his workmanship.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts