Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I've had my Tork tune for almost a year now and it still works perfectly. It outperforms the other tune I had and is smoother and glitch-free. John needed only one shot to make it perfect, I can't say the same for before I switched over, both in terms of number of tries and getting it perfect. His biggest problem is his tendency to offend people, not his ability to make quality products. The springs was sheer bad luck due to supplier issues and not representative of his workmanship.
Some could argue that taking several weeks to revise a tune does talk about his workmanship...

AR’s service has been pretty good and I will keep buying from them.

John can be offensive, defensive, and just off-putting with huge wait times for simple revisions. He needs to figure out some major aspects of his business.

The tunes when working properly are pretty good. Sometimes some cars are trickier to tune too.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Some could argue that taking several weeks to revise a tune does talk about his workmanship...
There are hundreds of tables to flip through for each tune and thousands of values to edit. I'd be more concerned if I got a revision within days instead of weeks, cause If it only took days, how many of these hundreds of tables have actually been looked at? Tuning isn't child's play it's a ton of work.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
There are hundreds of tables to flip through for each tune and thousands of values to edit. I'd be more concerned if I got a revision within days instead of weeks, cause If it only took days, how many of these hundreds of tables have actually been looked at? Tuning isn't child's play it's a ton of work.
I don’t mean taking weeks of actual work, he is much faster than that, i meant having to wait weeks for him to finally start working on it. In my case it was a “glitch” where the torque tables were hitting their limits and abruptly shutting off the engine, in the highway.Twice.

·
Registered
968 Posts
what was the improvement?
@MiniDreamCar
Check out this thread on the multiair springs
Alot to go through and a bit of drama but read through to the end for the current springs

·
772 Posts
To be clear, Auto Ricambi never planned to sell the spring upgrade in our web store. I installed the prototype set as a way of showing support and confidence for John's efforts. I totally understand why some people would not want to take the chance on this mod, I really do. This being said, I still have the springs in my car and still love the results.

Come to think of it, the only people who say the springs don't work are those who don't have them installed. It is all good though and we all are entitled to do the things we feel work the best for our own build. I am happy to respectfully disagree with someone without it coming to blows.

This is part of what I liked least about the tuning business. Regardless of what tune or product is being used, we can all still respect choices made and be friends. I look forward to the fact that since I am not selling tuning products for Tork, I can share my opinion and it not be a conflict of interest.

Get out and drive, that is where the fun is after all. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts

AR’s service has been pretty good and I will keep buying from them.

John can be offensive, defensive, and just off-putting with huge wait times for simple revisions. He needs to figure out some major aspects of his business.

The tunes when working properly are pretty good. Sometimes some cars are trickier to tune too.
Usually it takes about 2-3 weeks to get a revision from him
Keep in mind he is the only one that tunes cars in the shop and writes all the tune

He has tons of tunes requested in his email all the time.
Keep in mind they have a large korean cars customer base
Fiat's customer base is really really small

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BRAVO

aloha mike

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Usually it takes about 2-3 weeks to get a revision from him
Keep in mind he is the only one that tunes cars in the shop and writes all the tune

He has tons of tunes requested in his email all the time.
Keep in mind they have a large korean cars customer base
Fiat's customer base is really really small
Case in point - business aspects, he needs someone to cover the shop while he does the tunes. EC doesn’t take 3 weeks for a revision from
What I’ve heard.
But whatever 🤷🏼‍♂️
The important thing is to get a nice stable tune and not have your stupid dealer do random ecu flashes 🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
968 Posts
To be clear, Auto Ricambi never planned to sell the spring upgrade in our web store. I installed the prototype set as a way of showing support and confidence for John's efforts. I totally understand why some people would not want to take the chance on this mod, I really do. This being said, I still have the springs in my car and still love the results.

Come to think of it, the only people who say the springs don't work are those who don't have them installed. It is all good though and we all are entitled to do the things we feel work the best for our own build. I am happy to respectfully disagree with someone without it coming to blows.

This is part of what I liked least about the tuning business. Regardless of what tune or product is being used, we can all still respect choices made and be friends. I look forward to the fact that since I am not selling tuning products for Tork, I can share my opinion and it not be a conflict of interest.

Well put @Brett67
@Chainringtattoo and I have the springs collecting dust on the shelf. We keep going back and forth to see who gets the courage to install them first.
If it was my car I would have tried them already but @depotdan is hesitant to try them.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Well put @Brett67
@Chainringtattoo and I have the springs collecting dust on the shelf. We keep going back and forth to see who gets the courage to install them first.
If it was my car I would have tried them already but @depotdan is hesitant to try them.
Don't forget @68wooley. He has them uninstalled also. It does appear that the bad batch was just that and the second batch has been reliable. But I'll give it a little more time to make sure. My car is running great so I'm in no hurry.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Don't forget @68wooley. He has them uninstalled also. It does appear that the bad batch was just that and the second batch has been reliable. But I'll give it a little more time to make sure. My car is running great so I'm in no hurry.
I'll probably to do them as part of a turbo install. Unless Brett's car blows up in the meantime of course...;)

·
772 Posts
I'll probably to do them as part of a turbo install. Unless Brett's car blows up in the meantime of course...;)
Ha ha, I will keep you posted. So far, so good though.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,316 Posts
I'm debating putting them in also while I have everything torn apart already. One blown engine down, just more practice later!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm debating putting them in also while I have everything torn apart already. One blown engine down, just more practice later!
And just think how much quicker you'll be able to tear it apart next time.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,316 Posts
And just think how much quicker you'll be able to tear it apart next time.
Exactly! I've been taking mental notes, modifying brackets, and tweaking tie back points for things as I take them off and will make things much easier to work with later if need be.

All in......

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Exactly! I've been taking mental notes, modifying brackets, and tweaking tie back points for things as I take them off and will make things much easier to work with later if need be.

All in......
I stopped taking mental notes for two reasons: they were scaring me and I would forget where I put them.

·
Administrator
1,923 Posts
Please keep this thread on topic. This thread was created for the purpose of discussing news regarding the relationship between AR and Tork, and what effect that may have on the community. If you want to start talking about the Tork MA springs [again], there's a long thread that exists for that technical discussion that you're welcome to participate in, which was posted here already.

·
772 Posts
Please keep this thread on topic. This thread was created for the purpose of discussing news regarding the relationship between AR and Tork, and what effect that may have on the community. If you want to start talking about the Tork MA springs [again], there's a long thread that exists for that technical discussion that you're welcome to participate in, which was posted here already.
Fair enough, I don't really have anything else to add anyway. :):)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts