Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Welcome aboard! For those of us who have only seen the solstice, I for one would enjoy hearing your comments. Was it a Turbo?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome. check your private message from me.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome!,
You have already done one thing right,....you bought the fastest color available!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome. As a former Solstice owner myself, I can vouch that there is simply no comparison. Good choice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOL, test drove a GXP solstice before I got my Abarth, not a bad car but felt cheap and felt like a pig for its size. The 124 on the other hand felt like an Elise, fell in love and financed a car for the first time since 04.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome. Check the air pressure in your tires. They should be 29 pounds, not 50+.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had an 08 2.4 na. In hindsight should have got the 2.0 turbo. The car was fun to drive and often got positive comments. The top was the biggest problem. Open the trunk, pull it out, click in in place then attach two side panels. Oh yeah, you lost the trunk with the top down. It felt heavy to drive, the 124 feels nimble. The top is a dream come true. When you figure the dealer markups on the Sol, the 124 is basically the same price for much more car. I am sure this sounds strange, but I would never have got a Miata although several friends have already called this a fiatta!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. I've always loved the Solstice especially after seeing those crazy custom builds people used to do with them. Nice to hear your comparison between the two though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts