Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just want to write my review of the EC phase 2 tune.

First thanks to the guys in Eurocompulsion. @Greg @[email protected] and the other guys over there for their quick response.
I just drove like 6 miles but the change is real. Also got pops and bangs add-on but its just perfect for my setup ( I have Magnaflow for fiat spider).
So far I see that I need new tires probably good power on the powerband of 4k to 6k(its where I shifted).
The installation is pretty straight forward. For those who bought second hand transfer like me totally recommend it and for those that are thinking what to buy also totally worth it so far.

I couldn't drive that far because here in Puerto Rico we got curfew because of the COVID-19 situation and I finished the installation 6:55pm. But those 5 minutes were really good.

Will update this thread tomorrow when I drive a little further. But the readings here were very helpful and accurate. Power wise obviously I would like more power and will evaluate options for more power without changing the stock turbo or opening the engine.

Have a great night or day. which ever applies to you.

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Congrats, let us know tomorrow how it goes!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than the Magnaflow, what are your mods?
I got DV+, Intake V4, forge blow off plate and EC intercooler. The important parts for phase 2.

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Ha

Reactions: Jesus Santa

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Jesus. I can't work out your country flag....... where are you based ? I'll make sure I never go there !!!
I'm from Puerto Rico

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Famous for their Autobahns and smooth roads;)
There are good roads but most of them are crap. There are ones that are like the moon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny note, not sure if there is a difference but with the 370z I was with TC on and top down on both guys.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,689 Posts
Traction control only comes into play if you are breaking the tires free. If you didn't see the blinking TC light then you never activated it in the first place and doesn't matter. Slide around a corner or do a dead stop launch, that's when it comes on.

It has its uses for the novice to get comfortable, but it has to be off to be able to truly finesse the car the way the driver wants. Its like using cavity back, forgiving golf clubs to learn golf. They sacrifice draw control to compensate for the lack of skill and keeps the ball in the middle most of the time. The pros play with blades. There is no forgiving, if you address the ball wrong ever so slightly it is very apparent.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Traction control only comes into play if you are breaking the tires free. If you didn't see the blinking TC light then you never activated it in the first place and doesn't matter. Slide around a corner or do a dead stop launch, that's when it comes on.

It has its uses for the novice to get comfortable, but it has to be off to be able to truly finesse the car the way the driver wants. Its like using cavity back, forgiving golf clubs to learn golf. They sacrifice draw control to compensate for the lack of skill and keeps the ball in the middle most of the time. The pros play with blades. There is no forgiving, if you address the ball wrong ever so slightly it is very apparent.
At least for now I see that is Impressive the capabilities of the tune. I hope to get more of the phase 2 after some other mods I'm waiting to do. but will keep you posted

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’m glad your happy with your car, but please, limit your “racing” to a track. 125 on a street anyplace there are other vehicles is dangerous, and if you pass a gendarme you can kiss your license goodbye and look forward to much, much higher insurance IF you ever get a license back. In most places 20-25 over posted is automatically a “reckless” driving citation-”go to jail, go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200”. Obvious question is “why”? Trying to impress your young lady by scaring her? Grow up.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I’m glad your happy with your car, but please, limit your “racing” to a track. 125 on a street anyplace there are other vehicles is dangerous, and if you pass a gendarme you can kiss your license goodbye and look forward to much, much higher insurance IF you ever get a license back. In most places 20-25 over posted is automatically a “reckless” driving citation-”go to jail, go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200”. Obvious question is “why”? Trying to impress your young lady by scaring her? Grow up.
[/QUOTE
Well said 👍

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some people just don't get it. Can you handle a tire blow out at 125? What is the speed rating of your tires anyhow?
The tire rating is H for 130mph

Reactions: melandat and celbii
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.