Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm considering buying a 2020 spider in the spring, most likely the Lusso. I like the styling and the easier ride will make my wife happy.
Not sure if I'll purchase or lease, I haven't gotten that far yet.
Anything anyone can share as I continue to get ready to pull the switch on getting this car would be appreciated.
Also, anyone know of a good mechanic on Long Island?
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ron, I would expect that leasing will not work out as attractive as you might think. That is what I discovered this part April when I ended up purchasing my 2018 Abart. I had wanted to lease as it works out better for me financially (business expense vs depreciation) but there were no real deals on FIAT leases at least for the Abarth. I can tell you that it is a great driving car and loads of fun. I just recently chipboxed mine and it's a different car. Big difference in performance. The Abarth in sport mode was good but now it is a very different car. Good hunting for the right car for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AbarthEsq, thank you for this input. I suspected leasing would not be too favorable, I'll check it at the end of the winter. I'm really excited about the car. I'm sure your Abarth is awesome, I especially like the tuned exhaust on that one but I'm leaning toward the Lusso as I think my wife will appreciate the forgiving suspension and quieter exhaust!
Good luck with the chip!
Ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi AbarthEsq, thank you for this input. I suspected leasing would not be too favorable, I'll check it at the end of the winter. I'm really excited about the car. I'm sure your Abarth is awesome, I especially like the tuned exhaust on that one but I'm leaning toward the Lusso as I think my wife will appreciate the forgiving suspension and quieter exhaust!
Good luck with the chip!
Ron
Ron, take it from someone who just purchased an Abarth over the last couple of days, depending on what color, transmission and options you're looking for, there are droves of 2018 and 2019 spiders out there with deep discounts. That being said, I would strike while the iron is hot, especially with winter here. Also, it remains to be seen if Fiat will offer a 2020 model.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm considering buying a 2020 spider in the spring, most likely the Lusso. I like the styling and the easier ride will make my wife happy.
Not sure if I'll purchase or lease, I haven't gotten that far yet.
Anything anyone can share as I continue to get ready to pull the switch on getting this car would be appreciated.
Also, anyone know of a good mechanic on Long Island?
Thanks
Since you are local, we host a Cars and Coffee once an month, generally in the Oyster Bay area.

We recommend El Gato Engineering located in Port Washington NY, for service and modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts